Kenwood DMX-5020dabs goes on and off

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ferdi78

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi Everybody,
I'm new here and came on this forum while searching for my problem with the Kenwood DMX-5020dabs.
Since yesterday the system continuously jumps on and off. Every one or two minutes.
Nothing has changed recently. Only I put a matte screen protector on it a week ago, but it operated well since then.
When a phone is connected with USB (Android Car) and Google maps is on screen then it stays on...
Anybody familiar with this issue?
Thank you very much!
Ferdi

Last edited:
Hi Everybody,
I'm new here and came on this forum while searching for my problem with the Kenwood DMX-5020dabs.
Since yesterday the system continuously jumps on and off. Every one or two minutes.
Nothing has changed recently. Only I put a matte screen protector on it a week ago, but it operated well since then.
When a phone is connected with USB (Android Car) and Google maps is on screen then it stays on...
Anybody familiar with this issue?
Thank you very much!
Ferdi
Hi Ferdi.. Yes I have had a brand -new DMX5020 installed last week and it does almost as you described. Once the phone is connected it's all hunky dory, but from the moment I press DAB (with no phone attached) the screen goes blank, you hear the radio for a short while, then it turns itself off and comes back on again, and repeats itself, of and on. The only way to stop this cycle is to park the car and take the keys out. Needless to say I am going back to the installer. Good luck with yours. Cheers, Simon, The Netherlands

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...