Kenwood DDX9903S album artwork not showing over Bluetooth

Bjesse

Hi, does anyone with a Kenwood DDX9903S have bluetooth album artwork showing up? I am using an android note 4 by the way. It displays the album art if I connect with the cable and use android auto + Google play music but not over regular bt connection? I'm sure the phone is capable of it because it shows up fine on the factory head unit in my wife's 2014 Camry. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, does anyone with a Kenwood DDX9903S have bluetooth album artwork showing up? I am using an android note 4 by the way. It displays the album art if I connect with the cable and use android auto + Google play music but not over regular bt connection? I'm sure the phone is capable of it because it shows up fine on the factory head unit in my wife's 2014 Camry. Any help is appreciated!
I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure that you need to be plugged into the USB to get the album artwork to display on the kenwoods. No artwork over Bluetooth.

dont ever post here again. sooo wrong its trollin
huh?! I just installed a kenwood ddx24bt yesterday...was the exact same way. Only artwork on wired. No Bluetooth. So do your research and come at me again. You don't no what ur talking about clearly. Instead of calling someone a troll why don't you tell him how to fix it since you are so all knowing. Oh that's right, you can't because I'm right. I'm on here trying to help the guy and you come on here just to insult me and I'm the troll??? You a Sucka dude.

So theres a fix for this exact problem with this exact radio. Its a matter of the album artwork file not being compatible over bluetooth. Theres a youtube video where these guys do a review on this unit and mention a fix for the issue, actually someone in the comments answered the issue. Best thing to do for album artwork for music actually on your phone is to get a third party tag editor and either get the right file for transfer over bluetooth. For instince a jpec may work better then a png, im not sure though so your just gonna have to play around with this. I havnt actually tried to fix this yet

So theres a fix for this exact problem with this exact radio. Its a matter of the album artwork file not being compatible over bluetooth. Theres a youtube video where these guys do a review on this unit and mention a fix for the issue, actually someone in the comments answered the issue. Best thing to do for album artwork for music actually on your phone is to get a third party tag editor and either get the right file for transfer over bluetooth. For instince a jpec may work better then a png, im not sure though so your just gonna have to play around with this. I havnt actually tried to fix this yet
Thanks, I will have to see if I can find that video or check on the files.

huh?! I just installed a kenwood ddx24bt yesterday...was the exact same way. Only artwork on wired. No Bluetooth. So do your research and come at me again. You don't no what ur talking about clearly. Instead of calling someone a troll why don't you tell him how to fix it since you are so all knowing. Oh that's right, you can't because I'm right. I'm on here trying to help the guy and you come on here just to insult me and I'm the troll??? You a Sucka dude.
It does clearly state in the manual that it displays cover art over bluetooth:

Playback information • The information displayed on the screen differs depending on the connected device.

1 Connected device name

2 Playback mode (Page 60)

3 Signal strength and battery level (only when the information is acquired from the device)

4 Tag data (current track title/artist name/album title) * • Touching [

5 Artwork (Shown if the track contains artwork)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.