Kenwood announces new Excelon receivers

burnsy1

NEED PICTURES!

Found pictures see below...

From their Website:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/NewsArchive/2010/1dcd16b2-f67b-4a0f-bd27-0fc4cb67a573

Kenwood USA Corporation announced the introduction of three high-performance CD receivers that will be sold exclusively through the Kenwood Excelon retailer network.

The top model in the Kenwood Excelon CD receiver lineup is the KDC-X994 ($350.00 suggested retail price). A 5-line variable color LCD display is featured for easier visibility and faster scrolling of multiple music files. Selectable text sizing allows the option to choose larger text or a higher quantity of text depending on user preference. This flexible, multi-lingual display gives the KDC-X994 the ability to easily operate external media devices such as USB, iPod, iPod Touch and iPhone, and a unique master control center with volume knob duplicates many of the functions of the iPod for more intuitive operation.

The KDC-X994 also has a new, built-in Bluetooth circuit by industry-leader Parrott that provides the latest in hands-free performance and phone compatibility. Integration with existing steering wheel controls is possible through a special wired interface (optional adapter might be required). The KDC-X994 has three 4.0 volt preamp outputs with low-pass and high-pass filtering on board.

The KDC-X794 ($270.00 suggested retail price) has all of the performance and functionality of the KDC-X994 but without built-in Bluetooth and equipped with a 5-line white monochrome display. The KCA-BT300 hideaway Bluetooth module ($180.00 suggested retail price) can allow for the addition of Bluetooth connectivity at a later time.

Completing the Kenwood Excelon CD receiver lineup is the KDC-X494 ($200.00 suggested retail price), a model perfect for the entry-level iPod customer. A front-panel USB input allows an iPod, iTouch or iPhone to be plugged in directly to the KDC-X494 using the cable provided with the Apple device or the consumer can purchase the optional Kenwood KCA-iP101 automotive grade iPod cable. A multi-line fluorescent display provides easy-to-see iPod file information and makes searching for music files simple and safe. Three 4.0 volt preamp outputs deliver lower-distortion audio performance, and built-in low-pass and high-pass filtering tailors the signal for multiple amplifiers and speakers.

The KDC-X994, KDC-X794 and KDC-X494 come with a two-year warranty and are available only through authorized Kenwood Excelon retailers.

Model Sugg. Retail Price Availability

KDC-X994 $350.00 February, 2010

e32483c036b664a2--efc4e94-1263ab176ea-3d0c-170842479.jpg

KDC-X794 $270.00 February, 2010

e32483c036b664a2--efc4e94-1263ab176ea-3d0a1385054166.jpg

KDC-X494 $200.00 February, 2010

e32483c036b664a2--efc4e94-1263ab176ea-3d08943862553.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm..350 and no fancy features like PEQ or TA?
The older models have it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the newer ones but they just put mainly used the press release to emphasize the mass market 'fluff' that most mainstream buyers care about.

think this will improve the ipod control over the x993?
this video prompted me to not bother w/ the x993:

I had been trying to decide on the x993 or the eclipse 5030 for quite some time. I saw that video as well and was mainly concerned about the lag the guy had when going directly to the "R's" or whatever letter it was...in his video it took like 15 seconds. So I took my 30gb ipod to one of the audio shops here to test it out. The 993 they had at the shop was just about instantaneous...and i have about 23 gb worth of music on my ipod...

I also hooked up my ipod to the 5030...for ipod control it seemed a little more difficult. There was not a way to directly to go a specific letter...you had to continue scrolling...which took forever with all the songs on my ipod.

I had been trying to decide on the x993 or the eclipse 5030 for quite some time. I saw that video as well and was mainly concerned about the lag the guy had when going directly to the "R's" or whatever letter it was...in his video it took like 15 seconds. So I took my 30gb ipod to one of the audio shops here to test it out. The 993 they had at the shop was just about instantaneous...and i have about 23 gb worth of music on my ipod...
I also hooked up my ipod to the 5030...for ipod control it seemed a little more difficult. There was not a way to directly to go a specific letter...you had to continue scrolling...which took forever with all the songs on my ipod.
good to know; I've got the same ipod as him, and I was very concerned about this as well...FOURTY-SIX seconds on the video!! that's insane.

I'm pretty sure a local shop had it on their wall, and they have ipod cables connected, so I might as well go play with it and see how it works....it could be the guy in the video had a crappy cable, or maybe just had a defective usb port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.