Keeping Factory Satellite Radio and Backup Camera With Aftermarket Radio

Participant count
  • Participant list

Music_man185

US
My wife has an 07 Jeep Commander Limited. It has the factory navigation unit with factory hands free calling, satellite radio, backup camera, and steering wheel controls. The screen has recently gone out completely on the head unit. Just to fix the screen will cost around $300 or more. To buy a replacement will be upwards of $800. I know that I could get an aftermarket head unit that does more and costs less. My problem is keeping all of the factory options as well. I've talked to a rep at Crutchfield and they told me that they do not have a harness that can retain the backup camera, satellite radio or Bluetooth. He said I could keep the steering wheel controls. Most of the units nowadays have hands free Bluetooth built in, so losing that won't be an issue (although the controls on the rear view mirror will likely be useless). Is there any way that I can make use of the factory backup camera and satellite radio with an aftermarket radio? Perhaps a 3rd party harness? I really don't want to have to run a sirius antenna and camera and worry about hiding the wires, when there is already perfectly capable ones on the vehicle.

Look into the idatalink meastro modules, they are designed to do exactly what you want depending on the vehicle and aftermarket headunit. Now if they don't offer a solution then most competent shops should be able to integrate the factory b/u cam with your new deck and a new sxv300 satellite tuner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.