Keep it stock? Or low-end double din?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mills561
10+ year member

BURR
I have an 02' Chevy Trailblazer that I'm in the process of dropping a system into.

Now about the headunit-- should I keep it stock? Or would it be worth it to get a cheap double din? I eventually plan on getting a Pioneer or Alpine h/u. But for now I just want to get the subs in, and save up for a high-end 2din.

What are my advantages/disadvantages? Would I have to buy anything to make my stock h/u capable?

Thanks.

If you want to keep your stock HU, you can get a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 Processor to convert the speaker leads to pre-amp for input into the amps and fine tune the sound. However, the 3.sixty.2 is pretty expensive, around $300, but a nice piece of equipment.

There are other processors that will do this, but the RF 3sixty2 is really nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.