Getting the most out of the amp or keep it 4ohms

Infidel305

CarAudio.com Newbie
Morning everyone,

I am back to building a system in my car after a 10 year hiatus. My amp for my door speakers is (yes i can do 14v dual agm)
RMS Power @ 2 Ohm:250 Watts x 4-Ch (14.4v)
RMS Power @ 4 Ohm:150 Watts x 4-Ch (14.4v)

Im having a hard time finding 6.5s at 2ohms and 200+ watts that dont sounds like ass. Sub is on a 1500.1 @ 1ohm 2x 12s. So my question should I keep trying to find a 2ohm which is a mission or not take advantage of the power and look for 150 @ 4ohms? I dont know if 150s are enough for 2 12s like i said i been out of the game for a decade. Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
you lost me. its 1 amp 4 channels which are 150w @ 4ohm or 250w @ 2ohms per channel. Im using 4 x 6.5s in the 4 doors. the 2nd amp is the sub amp powering 2 12s @ 1500-2kw @ 1ohm.

Last edited:
you lost me. its 1 amp 4 channels which are 150w @ 4ohm or 250w @ 2ohms per channel. Im using 4 x 6.5s in the 4 doors. the 2nd amp is the sub amp powering 2 12s @ 1500-2kw @ 1ohm.
I'm still not getting where you are trying to go with this. Are the subs underpowered? Do you need another sub amp? (If 1500w isn't enough for two, how is 250 going to be good enough for one? Can you bridge the 4ch to 1ch?

I have a question: WHY are you LOOKING for 6.5" at 250w @ 2ohm? If you find em, they are going to sound like ass, because clarity would not be their objective. 150watts with a decent set of components is enough to cause hearing damage when set up correctly. Put power in subs not mids and tweeters.

Why are you not using the 4 ch amp for your 4 doors, and the sub amp with your subs? What are you missing, or what is not ideal?

I'm still not getting where you are trying to go with this. Are the subs underpowered? Do you need another sub amp? (If 1500w isn't enough for two, how is 250 going to be good enough for one? Can you bridge the 4ch to 1ch?

I have a question: WHY are you LOOKING for 6.5" at 250w @ 2ohm? If you find em, they are going to sound like ass, because clarity would not be their objective. 150watts with a decent set of components is enough to cause hearing damage when set up correctly. Put power in subs not mids and tweeters.

Why are you not using the 4 ch amp for your 4 doors, and the sub amp with your subs? What are you missing, or what is not ideal?
One word...midbass

Morning everyone,

I am back to building a system in my car after a 10 year hiatus. My amp for my door speakers is (yes i can do 14v dual agm)
RMS Power @ 2 Ohm:250 Watts x 4-Ch (14.4v)
RMS Power @ 4 Ohm:150 Watts x 4-Ch (14.4v)

Im having a hard time finding 6.5s at 2ohms and 200+ watts that dont sounds like ass. Sub is on a 1500.1 @ 1ohm 2x 12s. So my question should I keep trying to find a 2ohm which is a mission or not take advantage of the power and look for 150 @ 4ohms? I dont know if 150s are enough for 2 12s like i said i been out of the game for a decade. Thanks in advance..

Someone posted the CTD HD-62BE, a good match for what you are trying to do. I’d opt for the CL-61BE, a lot nicer quality crossover setup. Either setup should be great. That’s a lot of wattage for components any way you look at it. I assume that you are going to cross them over around 60Hz so yeah, should be blast’n with either of those speakers.​

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...