K... here it goes... My brother wants to buy a bandpass box....

You can have him just listen to one.....you don't need more proof than that.

But they have to be built exactly to the subs specs for them to sound good, and even then, there is a very limited frequency response....every pre-fab box will sound like total crap.

Let me guess - he wants it because he thinks it looks "cool"

well, first off... a properly deisgned bandpass box can do VERY well... get VERY loud and sound VERY good...

the trick is finding one of those... its like the city of atlantis... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

in short, prefab bandpasses will NEVER sound as good as a properly designed sealed or ported box, will stress the driver severely, and make you look like a ricer (sorry, had to do it...)

Bandpasses are designed for certain drivers, and they will cause a big spike in frequency response at a certain point... if a different driver is put in, it will sound just plain wrong... prefabs are ass... lets leave it at that

Bandpass are louder then ported, but only through a very narrow bandwith, so unless you plan on keeping your music in that bandwith, you will get a "flat" sound. Ported is your best all round box. Go for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.