JVC, Maestro VW issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

Seahawkdodge

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am having two issues with installation on my 2013 VW Passat. I have a JVC KW-V85BT head unit and Idatalink Maestro RR. I also installed a Crux backup camera.

1. When the vehicle is not running, ignition on, the backup camera works correctly. When the vehicle is running, there is only a black screen image. The camera is powered by the reverse lights, and gets 12VDC running and in ACC. The ground I used is a ground lug in the trunk.
The radio screen is interrupted by switching into reverse, even if I disconnect the camera RCA. I have reflashed the Maestro, and tried it both with and without the "advanced camera features". It does the same thing either way.

2. I cannot seem to get Android auto to work. I am trying to use the Volkswagen Bluetooth, so I can use the vehicle microphone. I have set up the JVC unit to use the Volkswagen BT, and Bluetooth seems to work. But when I plug in the USB cable, it momentarily connects. I can even bring up the AA map, before it crashes and disconnects.
I have made sure the JVC firmware is up to date. What am I missing? How do I make this work?

I have tried troubleshooting with Crutchfield (I bought everything through them), JVC and Maestro, but I have gotten nowhere. Crutchfield seems to keep restarting troubleshooting, instead of moving forward. JVC and Maestro have not responded in a week and a half. Maybe they aren't at work, since the world has gone crazy.

Any ideas? Besides sending it all back for RMA?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.