JVC KW-AVX830: wiring help

Participant count
  • Participant list

MTMoyers

USA
I'll be installing this unit in my car sometime this week and just had a few questions. I've been looking at different tutorials, but none really answer specifically what I need to know. This unit is a double din with video and Bluetooth. First of all, for grounding the e-brake cable am I supposed to connect it to the ground wires or actually ground it? Second, for the unit to mute my speakers when I get an incoming call, am I supposed to wire up the mute wires? Same thing for illumination. I know you usually ground them, but since I'm using them do I need to wire them up? Also, what all needs to be physically grounded to the chassis? I'm not using a harness(if that is relevant.) Thanks in advance for any help you are able to give.

I may just be rambling, but it makes sense to me. I guess my basic question is: Aside from the basic wires used in a HU install, what else do I need to do (mute/accessory wires) and how do I do it?

My car is a 2004 Lexus IS300, in case you might need to know.

i always use harness ! but yes ground out the light green wire for e brake either to chassie ground found in harness with radio (same thing) also the mute is not needed the jvc dose auto mute by it self cap it off dont use it... the illumination wire can be hooked up from the vehical to the radio it had to be a positve trigger tho none of them need to go to ground .... basically when you turn your lights on it send a signal to the HU telling it to illuminate keys or buttons on the radio... illumination is not need just something nice

Not sure about that JVC but some video units will not display video if they are grounded all the time, you have to make them see ground after they come on, Pioneer and Alpine are this way. If that is the case, and im assuming that you are trying to bypass the break video thing, then you can just run a relay that hooks into the remote wire to connect the break wire to ground after the HU is on

I'd use a harness if they made one for my car that didn't have so many problems. I'm wiring it myself to bypass my OEM amplifier.

I was told to put a toggle switch with one grounded wire and the e-brake wire and just flip it twice. Could work maybe?

Yeah maybe, look in the manual and read what it says about how to engage the DVD player...for example Alpine has this long process about the foot break and then the parking break and crap...if it just says pull up parking break, the toggle will work find, if there is some patented process to it...good luck haha, pac might make something that would work if thats the case

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.