JVC KDHR - No sound after installation

Nualln

Hi All,

I'm new here so let me give you a little background.

About 5 years ago I owned a 67 mustang and installed a JVC head unit, a sub amp and two 10" subs in the trunk. I also added two kick panel speakers and two 6x9 rear speakers.

I had to sell the car back in 2006 but I recently purchased it again. The radio was removed because it was not functioning properly. I reinstalled that head unit and confirmed that the motor mechanism for the front panel was malfunctioning. I then tossed the head unit.

I purchased an "opened" JCV KDHR60 from Best Buy. I hooked it up to the wiring harness and got the unit to power on, but did not get any sound. When the unit started I got a "pop" out of the right front speaker.

I removed the original wiring harness and used the new one to see if that would fix it. Since the first unit was also a JVC the wiring harness and connector were identical. No change. I returned the head unit thinking it might just be a lemon.

Last week I ordered another (new) KDHR60 from Amazon. I hooked it up to the wiring harness and I get power, a CD will spin, but yet again, no sound. I'm kind of at a loss.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Did you end up figuring out what the issue. I have the same exact issue.

Put the key in the ON position here a pop from the front left everything powers up but no sound.

I have disconnected the amp.

Right now I have the JVC plugged to the wire hardness which is plugged into the factory harness.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Do these units have an option where the internal preamp can be turned off?

My alpine unit has this option so that if i run an 4 channel with RCAs the preamp in the unit can be shutoff

pull the unit out of the dash run a set of wires of one of the channels and see if it plays of a different speaker not from the car. sounds like either a faulty wire or a blown speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.