justafifteen
10+ year member

And that's the truth.
The system:

Sub - Audioque SDC2.5 15"

Sub Amp - Audiopipe AP15001D

Front Stage - Polk db651 coaxials

Front Stage Amp - Pioneer GM-3300T

Power Wire: Knu 4ga (subs), Scosche 6ga (front stage)

Well I guess I'll start at the beginning.

About three years ago, I decided to buy these subs:

oldsubs.jpg

I bought them because I thought they were *****in', and because I didn't know jack about subs. They suited my needs and I loved them, plus Circuit City was selling them for about $200 (which I thought was cheap for subs).

About six months ago, I started actually researching car audio and found out that Xplod's are some of the worst subs you can get
rolleyes.gif
. So, I sold them, and my amp, and started looking for a new system.

I spent about three months researching different brands and learning what makes subs good/bad, etc. I decided on an Audioque SDC2.5 series. I wanted a huge sub (compared to my old Xplods), so I decided on a 15".

Since I'm not working my seasonal job anymore, this sub was perfect because it was on sale for $160. I purchased it in December and had it sitting around in my room until March, when I finally spent some of my savings and bought a new amplifier to power it.

Well enough of the talking. Onto the pictures!

Some pictures of the sub:

78035795.jpg

65411769.jpg

94515292.jpg

18886702.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got the wood cut for the box:

cutwood2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A test fit of the cuts:

box3h.jpg

box2t.jpg

box1zd.jpg

Gluing the box together, ghetto style (no clamps):

hpim1811c.jpg

hpim1816.jpg

hpim1817.jpg

hpim1818.jpg

I didn't get any pictures of me painting the box, but here are the finished install pictures:

hpim1859i.jpg

hpim1860.jpg

hpim1865.jpg

And here's the little Audiopipe amp that I bought. This thing's a beast for how small it is:

hpim1862s.jpg

hpim1861.jpg

I got lazy and didn't hide the RCA's
biggrin.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Excuse the dust inside of the box and on the amp
biggrin.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm completely satisfied with this setup. $160 for the sub, $160 for the amp, hurts my ears!

Critique & comments welcome!
cool.gif

box looks good.. not a fan of audio pipe... but AQ is a good sub and looks like you did your research and box looks good.. did you router the port on inside?

Mostly money issues. I wanted some bump without breaking the bank. I know that i could fit tons of sh*t in there, but I don't have the money lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Plus more subs means more amps, means electrical upgrades which also costs more.

@outside - No, I just left the port square, not rounded off. I don't have access to a router. I cut the sub cutout pretty **** good though, you can't even tell it was jigsaw'd

Thanks for all the comments!

I want to get it metered sometime, I'm wondering what it does too. It seems pretty loud to me

Going to HD today to get some expanding foam to help stop the rattles in my rear hatch, will have pics later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.