Just some work i have been doing the past couple days

Participant count
  • Participant list

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
I am just really bored with my car. I have had it for about 3 years and it is crappy. I am going to get a new car, and i plan to turn this into a comp. car because it has made most of my subwoofer setups pound pretty nicely. I was just going to show you guys what i have been up to before i take it all out and put it into my Volkwagon Golf..... i hope. I have a couple of different things to do in my new car, and i think i am going to go mostly SQ.

2060595_79_full.jpg

2060595_80_full.jpg

2060595_81_full.jpg

2060595_84_full.jpg

2060595_82_full.jpg

2060595_83_full.jpg

I am sorry i didnt capture everything. The tweets are mounted in the back on each side. The HU is nothing special its in my sig, and i didnt think it was important. I think i will go make a video in a minute for you guys. This is actually pretty impressive for 1 10" on 340rms!!!

I know, I know.... "you arent getting all the midbass you could" , "why are the components in the back" Well, my front doors wouldnt allow a normal install. I would have had to fiberglass and that car wasnt worth the money. So i threw them in the back so that i would alteaste put them into use. I also have about 130sqft of deadening right now and i would love to use it in this car, but my daily driver will be my first priority when i get it so i am saving it. Those are all of the excuses i can come up with for now..

This is what i had in here not too long ago. 500rms to each and I was uncomfortable listening to "white girl" at 55/62 on the HU.

2060595_77_full.jpg

this was pretty loud too (my first setup)

2060595_55_full.jpg

2060595_54_full.jpg

I have also had 15" IDQv2, 10"IDQv3, 12" JLw6v2 in this ride, and none of them were too quiet. I really like this car for audio.

Feel free to comment and hopefully i am not offended.

those 6.5 baffles really arent doing you much good there holmes
Yeah i totally understand that, but they wouldnt fit any other way. I actually made them so that they werent sitting flat because it would rub against the basket of the woofer. Like i said before i know its not pretty and its not meant to be. If i removed the baffles then 1.) it would look even worse 2.) they wouldnt fit 3.)they would be stolen

I just wanted to post pics before i get my new car so i can show you that i really dont think i did a good job with this car. My next ride will be pretty nice..... i think.

Oh and as far as the video goes, it wouldnt dl onto my computer. I can try a few other things but it will take a while.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.