Interference from head unit

Participant count
  • Participants list

boddy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
When i turn my volume up about 3/4 + i can hear a white noise, even if i turn the actual music off. It happens when my bluetooth is connected or is on aux mode even if i haven't got my aux lead plugged in, haven't tried it with a cd and my aerial is crap or not connected properly so i cant really tell on my radio the recpetions really poor, i need to get it sorted soon. Sometimes it will pick up the radio station that is currently selected, say i select radio 1 then change the mode to aux and turn it up, i can hear the radio slightly.

I don't know if my sub does it but my components do which are being driven off the headunit itself, i've currently got an amp coming for them so i will see what it's like then but do you think my headunit is faulty?

So it's just down to the headunit being cheap and not faulty?

I like the idea that it's bluetooth so i can play my songs from my phone and change tracks from the headunit which is a big plus as i dont have to fiddle around with my phone while driving. So i probably won't upgrade until i find a decent bluetooth headunit in budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.