Just got metered cut port and gained almost 2 db's

Participant count
  • Participant list

gsuchyta
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
My setup is in my sig

I have had this system for over two years now and I've always known it was loud but never could put a number to it so I got it metered twice

one was with the box how it was 4.6 @35hz

I did a 144.3 @ 49hz

Second time was with box 4.75 @44hz

I did a 146.1 @ 52hz

It was all done in the kick panel

I think if I swap those 2512's out for some HDC's or 9512's and get another 2200 and maybe get to high 140's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Actually it really doesn't sound bad at all but going from 35hz which kills the lows to 44hz the lows sound nothing alike. I have to play completely different songs to show off the system for whatever tuning I set it at.

I'm sure a lot of people it would get plenty low for but I don't like it at all I think I'm goin to try 38hz and then something like 33hz to see what each sounds like.

I built that box inside my trunk so I can't really take it out lol.

I'm thinking about sealing off the trunk from the cabin, but that seems like a lot of work, but I know it would easily give me at least a 1 db gain.

and I would do 4 12's but their aint no way I can do that in the trunk of a civic. that would have to be a wall and I'm not ready to go there yet.

Thank you

Well I traded an amp for the two I got but I think you can get used ones for around $200. the 2500a motor is the newest motor if I'm not mistaken and from what I've heard they are very efficient.

Thank youWell I traded an amp for the two I got but I think you can get used ones for around $200. the 2500a motor is the newest motor if I'm not mistaken and from what I've heard they are very efficient.
there's a 3512 for 220 for sale here, but the 2512 t/s specs suite me better so i need that.

OP, cut it more so it's tuned to 50-55hz, see what that does for you...unless you actually want it to play music. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif But that little civic should peak very high, around 60hz or so. Since you've already been cutting on it, I'd make this into a spl box and see how high you can go with it. Then build a daily box for them later.

I could cut the port and tune it much higher I just don't know if that will help much. I mean my peak frequency only went up 3 hz from a box tuning of 35 to 44 so I dunno if my civic is different or what but this is fine for me. I'll get louder with hdc's or 9500's and another 2200 then I'll see about sealing that trunk off from the cabin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gsuchyta

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
gsuchyta
Austin, Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date