Just got a Blue Lexus IS-F, will it fade?

I had a friend with a EVO with a clear bra on it after 18-24 months it started turning yellow:crap:
I've heard a few bad storys about it as well but I think it's worth it. Rocks kick up on the front all the time, I've seen so many IS250s/350s with rock chips on the front end, mine is immaculate as of now. Plus, it can always be removed.

make sure u always wash it and armoral it and it will be fine. i have done that to my 98 ford and it only has like 5 places where the paints cracked over 11 years of the sun on it
Please go kill yourself

What do they use on the roads over there in the winter for de-icing?
Its bad, not really salt but the crap thats super harsh on a car.. Good to see the op wont be driving it in the winter

Some salt compound I'm not sure. The car will be sitting in the garage in the winter since I'll be at school.

I'm looking into that Klasse Sealant, I've read good reviews. Thanks for the suggestion.
Id just do a nice coat of meguairs, they used to have a Rx thing where you type in info about your car and they recommend what products to use.

blue paint on a car is probably the best color to have for it not fading from the sun, UV light rays don't pick on the pigment in blue as badly the other colors in the spectrum.

keep it waxed and it will outlast you owning the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

phildapimp89

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
phildapimp89
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date