Just for fun! Dream budget build. Budget $2,000.

bigblackdodge

Senior VIP Member
I think this will be a fun and interesting thread to start.

You have $2,000 burning a hole in your pocket. All bills are paid. Your mids and highs are perfect. You have a vehicle with .1 up to 5 cubes max measured in any direction you choose. Rolls of 1/0 OFC waiting in the garage and birch plywood stacked.

What subwoofer(s) and amplifier(s) are you going with? What type of enclosure?

Maybe a high powered single 15, like a DC level 5 or similar sub that wants like 3-3.5 cubes net. Maybe even 3 10’s or 2 12’s. Your power levels are going to change box size, like how big of port is needed. Might depend on the vehicle and box layout you need, too.

What’s the vehicle?

Last edited:
Hmm, I would say am infinite baffle setup. Just something I’ve always wanted to try. I know you state 5 cubes max but , I will still have my whole trunk😁.
Subs would be either Acoustic Elegance or Fi ib subs. 15’s or either 18’s. As far as amp, something clean that would be within my budget.

Last edited:
I’m not physically building this myself. I drive a 17 Ram Crew and have 2 car seats in the back. 2 Alpine 10s in a fox box under the seat. Just a discussion over what YOU, yourself would do. Let’s say the vehicle is a 90s Tahoe for fun sndbecause I’m old school.

I’m going with a pair of Hutchinson Orgin 12s in 4.75 cubes ported at 30hz. Subs firing up so I can see the flex in the rear view. Powered by a DC 2k.

Cheater 😂 you can build some serious subs to your own specs for cheap. I was actually going to ask you about a pair of 8s to replace my generic type e 10s.

check my post in the classifieds, I have 8’s I’m willing to build cheap! All you gotta do is slap a sticker provided on your car to show support! This won’t last long!

I was gonna try one of those subs out but they are out of stock.

fwiw, these are the numbers i got using BassBoxPro. the JL was in its rec sealed box size, the Fi, in 1 cube. both getting RMS. theres are in-car predicted numbers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...