Just Curious

Not in the space that he has to work with and not without a new, much bigger amp and not without sacrificing a lot in the way of SQ. If space wasn't an issue, I would recommend a single 12 ported but he doesn't have space unless he wants to give up the rear seat.

With the same subs, a ported 10 set up to be musical will be about on par with a pair of 10s sealed with the same amount of power per driver. A pair of 12s has roughly 3x the cone area of a single 10. Without an SPL configured box and a lot of power, that is a significant deficit to overcome. With severe space limitations it is all but impossible to overcome.

a nice quality 10 inch in a quality ported box can out perform 2 12's sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
i have to dissagree . givin the same power the dual subs would still do good sealed if they are meant/CAN to be sealed

oldschool 2002 -2004 rockford fosgate 12s in a single cab tiny separate sealed enclosures felt like my ears were going to bleed . not sure of wattage but 500-1000wrms im sure...

op

dual subs 10s/12s sealed up on the same or a 1kwrms youll be very loud and still sound good as long as you go with good amped highs/mids

1. if you can fit some 2 small truck boxes in a chosen location.It would be the simple way out .

2. looks like you should be after a custum enclosure itself(not going to change)...

so

1. requires anther w3 and amp(OR SAME AMP)dual w6s and anther alpine amp shoulnt be to hard(IF applicable )

2.same deal basically

If i want to keep my rear seat where would w6,s fit? I could fit one maybe but how loud are they versus my ten? Do you really think it wouldn't be a good idea to get a second w3? And if i got rid of my stealthbox what do you think it would sell for? It might be hard to sell it...

What type of shallow mounts are you trying to put in and what output do you expect? I was thinking of a custom center console box, are you sure i cant fit anything there? And if the stealthbox i have is selling for $650 what is a faari price i could probably get, its in great condition.

You could fit something in the center console, maybe a single 10W6, though if I were to go that route, I'd go with a single 12 ported. Something like a FI Q, SSA Icon would be a good choice as would the 12W6. Any of those will do OK on your current amp, just make sure that you get the right coil config to wire the single sub to 2 ohms. Any of those 12s will be considerably louder than your single 10 on the same amp and will sound as good or better as well.

I've got a pair of Stereo Integrity BM12 Mk IIIs. I waited a bit for them to become available. The last batch is sold out. Not sure on the ETA of the next batch. I expect plenty of output for my purposes, but I'm not into it being really loud.

Yes i just want sq and to feel it a little when i want but have the option to turn the gain up or down a little depending on the song. But most all this depends on what i can get for my stealthbox. I need advice on selling it and at what price please.

jl makes shallow still going to need enclosure ...which needs placement

center console sounds good i guess...idk...

the reason i said to get a w7, was because if you get another w3, with the same amp, those subs will then only be seeing 250watts each. so it might be slightly louder but i don't think you're looking to a minor upgrade like that. you'll still have to upgrade the amp to the M1000. not to mention the cost of another jl enclosure for the console. somebody here said about a w6, well a w6 will not fit in the box you currently have right now. so you'll be makeing another box for that to fit in. that's why i say if you're stuck on jl just goto the single w7 and a new amp and sell the stuff you have right now. door speakers are ok since you already have them. what kind of back seat is it? 100 or 60/40?

I definitely want SQ and that's why im choosing JL, they are making it very hard for spl also lol Your right more power... I really want to keep stock appearance and i think a 12 w7 would give lots of output. So my dilema now is just selling the dam stealthbox, it's for old people lol

p.s. i have a 60/40 bench

the reason i said to get a w7, was because if you get another w3, with the same amp, those subs will then only be seeing 250watts each. so it might be slightly louder but i don't think you're looking to a minor upgrade like that.
If close to 6db is "slightly" in your book, then I guess it will only be slightly louder...or moving up to 12s which would be louder still. More power isn't the answer, more cone is. Going with a W7 and the same amp isn't going to yield much more output without a serious change in the enclosure moving more towards SPL.

2 shallow jl s in a custom center consolle = problem solved

1 up graded 10 in your stealth box should yeild some output with full 500 wrms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.