Just Curious

It's because it's in a stealth box and not that amazing of a sub.

Here's what I did with my F150 (never got finished):

DSCN0499.jpg

300rms comparing to everyone else you know's 750rms? why are you wondering why they're louder? it all depends on how much space you're willing to give up, and how much work you wanna do. it sounds as if you would be happier getting a w7 instead of just adding another w3. you should be running the M1000 instead of the M500. that sub can take another 200watts but i don't it'll be enough for what you're wanting by the sounds of it. those have a 60/40 bench right? take out the 60section and replace it with another 40section put a sub in the middle of those facing down or the wall. keeping 2 seats with the box being an arm rest.

p.s. yes use some deadner second skin is spose to be better than dynamat and only a couple bux more expensive. i'd sskin the whole truck 1st before anything.

Im just a daily driver looking for SQ but also feeling it to. I want a very good balance and anyone who has listened to a system before to be blown away by how good it sounds.

Does the sound deadner really do that much? And in a truck how much does it take for some change to vibrate a little on the roof? lol

And wait not that good of a sub in what aspect?

do you have upgraded speakers in the doors or just stock? deadning will help out tremendously. i've never done but i have not ever read 1 post on any site that was not less than 100% happy after they've done it. the more you cover the better it will sound, and i mean doors (inner and outer skins), side walls, back wall, floor, then roof. it will cut down on the road noise and keep the stereo inside. you could gain 3dbs by doing it all. it'll be the cheapest way to start, but alot of work. i'd do it a section at a time. i take it none of your buddies have done this. most every bigger system has this done to their vehicle. the sub you have isn't that bad of a sub overall. but when you compare it to subs that alot of these guys have on this site, they have 1,000-10,000 watts going to theirs.

This question is virtually impossible to answer. We dont even know what you consider 'feeling it', let alone all the various factors that are different between your system and the ones you are comparing it to. For example, it could be a frequency issue, as some people call 'feeling' the bass as the tighter midbass, rather than the subbass your sub is suppose to play. Enclosure tuning plays an enormous role in this. Another likely consideration is your sub system is mounted under a seat, and seats are made of foam. Foam tends to absorb sound, diminishing output and many times altering perceived frequency response. These are merely two of the 1000 possible factors mentioned previously in this thread.

Its similar to asking 'why is my friends car more red than mine'. People here aren't trying to be a pita to you, they are just trying to explain that we dont know what you consider 'more red', if the cars were compared in the same light, etc. There's a lot more to this comparison than simply saying 'the factory painted your car darker than your friends car'.

Lots of replies thanks! And here are more details, sorry about that. I drive a 2005 f150 2 and 1/2 door. It's a stealthbox containing one 10 w3v3 with a rating of 500 watts rms taking only 300 because its 4 ohm and is wired to an mrp500 alpine amp. It's ported here is the box:JL Audio Stealthbox Single® (Black (matches cloth interior)) Custom-fit ported fiberglass enclosure with 10" W3v3 subwoofer Fits 2004-up Ford F-150 SuperCab and SuperCrew trucks at Crutchfield Signature

I have to say one thing, please don't bash my choice of equipment. I know it is expensive and i got it for 500$. Still a lot but i wanted it to sound good and look good. So maybe i am getting everything out of my system, guess JL is purely sq. My friends had best buy crap, brands i haven't really heard of with 750 watts. Here is the thing the amp and sub together was really cheap like 200$. All systems i have heard sound bad but are much louder, i want both unfortunately. I was thinking of adding another 10w3v3 in a custom sealed box in the center console. Would that really help. Dynamat? And i am amplifier car door speakers in a few weeks if that ,means anything. Would it be better to fit a w7 there and sell stealthbox or the two 10w3v3's?
depends how much space you want to take up . w7's are not small so a center console would be added and not really concealed.

same as far as adding another w3 even thought it may not require as much space.

also the offset locations might render your sound quality.

if you are able and willing to sacrifice space. where ? and how much ?

why even reply if you're not going to finnish the thought?.... soi was walkin down the street 1 day and....
That was a complete thought. The OP asked one of the vaguest questions in the world, "Why is X setup louder than Y setup?" Sorry I was having an off day, let me pull out my crystal ball and find the answer for him...

Well bottom line here is, your under powering your system.. you probably have the amp turned up too much on its gains trying to make up for it.. clipping the signal so the subs are not even completing a cycle on most Frequencies i bet you anything...

SO i would say run decent power to the sub.. and have the gains set properly.. or make sure they are*

I have not amplified my door speakers yet lol they are alpine type R's 5x7's, any good? I think im set on amplifying the door speakers, adding dynamat, and adding a second 10w3v3 in the center console. What do you all think about that? The two subs would be wired to 2 ohm being fed by a 500 watt amplifier, which is the mrp-500. Enough power?

I have not amplified my door speakers yet lol they are alpine type R's 5x7's, any good? I think im set on amplifying the door speakers, adding dynamat, and adding a second 10w3v3 in the center console. What do you all think about that? The two subs would be wired to 2 ohm being fed by a 500 watt amplifier, which is the mrp-500. Enough power?

dual sub location may get louder the differnt location and enclosure may render the sq

check pm

looking like scrap the stealth box .And if you are set on the custom center

and jl audio. You may as well go with single w6 12 better yet 13 and if that isnt enough w7 12 /13

w7 my have space requirements

w6 13 with 500wrms requires no amp change

Well bottom line here is, your under powering your system.. you probably have the amp turned up too much on its gains trying to make up for it.. clipping the signal so the subs are not even completing a cycle on most Frequencies i bet you anything...
SO i would say run decent power to the sub.. and have the gains set properly.. or make sure they are*
This is wholly ignorant. The only thing that he might get from more power is more distortion from the sub. Clipping doesn't "keep the sub from completing its cycle" either. Where do you come up with these idiotic ideas?

OP- If you want more output my suggestions would be to begin with a custom enclosure built around a different sub. I like JL a lot but expecting bass you can feel from a single 10 other than a 10W7 is asking more than they will deliver. When choosing a new sub, cone area is your friend. 2 12s sealed will give you significantly more output and with the right coil configuration, you can get some more power out of the amp as well.

This is wholly ignorant. The only thing that he might get from more power is more distortion from the sub. Clipping doesn't "keep the sub from completing its cycle" either. Where do you come up with these idiotic ideas?
OP- If you want more output my suggestions would be to begin with a custom enclosure built around a different sub. I like JL a lot but expecting bass you can feel from a single 10 other than a 10W7 is asking more than they will deliver. When choosing a new sub, cone area is your friend. 2 12s sealed will give you significantly more output and with the right coil configuration, you can get some more power out of the amp as well.
a nice quality 10 inch in a quality ported box can out perform 2 12's sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.