Just Curious

lemon4879
10+ year member

Florida
Im not trying to go for spl but i want to feel my music. I have one jl w3v3 and its a stealth box in an f150. Now why does it not seem so loud for a 10? Is it because in other cars that i have listened to the 10's were distorting and i mistook that as "louder"?

why even reply if you're not going to finnish the thought?.... soi was walkin down the street 1 day and....
There was nothing wrong with that reply. because it really could be 1 of 1000 things. distortion, box, vehicle, etc.

stealth boxes aren't designed for huge output. they're made for space saving. if the other 10's you've heard before were louder then how much power they running? what size is their box? is it ported or sealed? were they in a smaller vehicle? what kind of sub and the model #? yeah there's a million reasons why yours isn't as loud. the real question would be more along the lines of, "hey am i getting the most out of my system? here's my equiptment." yadda yadda yadda

There was nothing wrong with that reply. because it really could be 1 of 1000 things. distortion, box, vehicle, etc.
the problem is it's not a finnished post. all that post did was put the more than obvious question of WHY? which is in this case yet another post. so yes it's worthless. so as i was saying, i was walkin down the street 1 day and this chick.....

the problem is it's not a finnished post. all that post did was put the more than obvious question of WHY? which is in this case yet another post. so yes it's worthless. so as i was saying, i was walkin down the street 1 day and this chick.....
...laughed at you?

lol

reasons...you have a 10" sq sub in a box not meant for spl output and you are probley running a small amount of power to it

reasons...you have a 10" sq sub in a box not meant for spl output and you are probley running a small amount of power to it
this,

if you want more output your probably going to need to build/buy a ported box spec'd for that sub that will fit in your truck.

but none of us can really know unless we have more info, what amp are you running and is it sealed or ported,

Im not trying to go for spl but i want to feel my music. I have one jl w3v3 and its a stealth box in an f150. Now why does it not seem so loud for a 10? Is it because in other cars that i have listened to the 10's were distorting and i mistook that as "louder"?
You may of got a lemon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Lots of replies thanks! And here are more details, sorry about that. I drive a 2005 f150 2 and 1/2 door. It's a stealthbox containing one 10 w3v3 with a rating of 500 watts rms taking only 300 because its 4 ohm and is wired to an mrp500 alpine amp. It's ported here is the box:

JL Audio Stealthbox Single® (Black (matches cloth interior)) Custom-fit ported fiberglass enclosure with 10" W3v3 subwoofer Fits 2004-up Ford F-150 SuperCab and SuperCrew trucks at Crutchfield Signature

I have to say one thing, please don't bash my choice of equipment. I know it is expensive and i got it for 500$. Still a lot but i wanted it to sound good and look good. So maybe i am getting everything out of my system, guess JL is purely sq. My friends had best buy crap, brands i haven't really heard of with 750 watts. Here is the thing the amp and sub together was really cheap like 200$. All systems i have heard sound bad but are much louder, i want both unfortunately. I was thinking of adding another 10w3v3 in a custom sealed box in the center console. Would that really help. Dynamat? And i am amplifier car door speakers in a few weeks if that ,means anything. Would it be better to fit a w7 there and sell stealthbox or the two 10w3v3's?

w3s are capable of being somewhat loud, but nothing amazing..I heard 3 w3 12s in a suv on a jl 1000/1, and it was pretty loud to to the everyday person. I'm sure it was close to 140db at least. So, depending on your expectations, 2 w3s might work for you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.