SOLD Just curious about how the classifieds here work...

Prowler573
5,000+ posts

R.I.P. Gossamer!!
I've got some surplus mobile audio that's currently doing nothing but collecting dust in a closet. I wouldn't mind liquidating the stuff if I could get a fair price for it but I'm not in a bind so I don't need to get rid of any of it.

I see comments made on various threads about having references (I assume from past experience either buying from or selling to other forum members). Am I to understand that without a reference or three that it's dang near impossible to sell here without references? And if so....how does one gather references to start out if no one will buy from someone who has none?

Just curious.....

Its not impossible, but surely you understand the nature of all of this. I would suggest trying to initially dealing with someone that is reputable on this site and/or be willing to ship first. Then again if your price is great, you will likely pick up a sale anyhow. Just my .02

ive bought from people with out refs, maybe i got lucky lol

post what u got, and if some one wants it they will off... all u can do

I've bought several items from people on here without listing references. People really only want to see references when the sale looks shady or it's a high-dollar item. Lots of times pictures will help ease people's worries.

pics = a must. http://www.imagshack.us will host them for free.

refrences = a must for higher priced\quality items. ebay counts.

contact information = a must (via private message on these forums) or email. even phone number (helps people relax a bit)

if you keep up on your trust. maybe even be willing to ship first to somone who is a trusted member and has good refrences will help you off the item. maybe COD is an option?

ive bought from people with weak (or no) refrences and ive not run into a single problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you have pics.... and seem to sound resonable.... you have a good deal of posts.... not like 10-30... but more then that... and people know you sound cool.... then i would buy

Yeah I just recently started selling, but have been browsing the forums for a while now and doing a bit of posting as well. People were a little hesitant at first, but when you show them pics they ussually are cool with it. You just have to start out willing to work with the people, knowing they probably don't trust you with no refs (I wouldn't trust any1 on the internet withought them) Luckily now I have a few //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Some guys were trusting enough to work with me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks, all, for the tips. Sound advice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I reckon I'll wait until I get my post count up higher and people will (hopefully) get to know that I plan on being around awhile...there are a couple of other bulletin boards that I participate in but thus far this one seems to be the only one that will actually try and give people usable advice rather than an instant criticism when a question that some might view as basic, silly, or just plain stupid gets posted.

I do have an eBay ID...100% positive feedback so far...it's the same ID as I use here ~ prowler573. However, currently only two of the whopping seven sales I have made on eBay are still visible. Well, I mean the feedback is there, of course, but the actual auctions are older than 90 days ago so the listings aren't on eBay's server anymore.

All the input is appreciated, folks...thanks!

Kenwood eXcelon sux!!!!!!!!!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif j/k man.
But you see, BD, the one greatest aspect of my personal preference for eXcelon gear is this: It hasn't cost you one red cent! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

So, in the end, it all works out, I suppose //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

A list with reasonable prices and pics alwayz helps. From experience with many trusting members they have found that shipping to me is a plus I add extra money in the end or somthing along those lines, but its safety I have been around ALONG TIME and my refs are uncountable not to mention all good from my side. Just a thought the post count doesnt really get you anywhere unless you have 3k or more. So I would say get to dealing bro. Im alwayz lookin for new toys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.