just curious..400wrms front stage too much?

lol
i love it when you guys get all riled up. I do indeed run 3 ARC Audio SE4200's bridged on the front stage AND the GAINS are all bottom the fark out. It is all (in my case trying) to eliminate any noise floor and have headroom from hell....it is all about the dynamics. Now realistically, 500wmrs continuous power is probably where it is at 80miles per hour going down the road, but the 1900wrms in reserve sure makes the music seem real.

technically the three amps are rated at a total of 2400wrms on my front stage. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
You lost any and all credibility with me on that statement. Gain is not a measure of coolness on either end of the scale, it's to simply set up gain structure. this is why it's called [gasp] GAIN. it has NOTHING to do with power and EVERYTHING to do with improper gain structure. I have seen SOOOO much blown up **** from people that do this.

"but, but, whadya mean I was clipping something, I had mt GAINS down." No **** Sherlock, you were clipping the piss out of the device before the amp and the amp was eloquently amplifying said clipping, and believe you me, preamp clipping can and will be WAY-HAY uglier than power stage clipping due to the way an op-amp becomes unstable as opposed to discreet devices hitting the edge.

Don't use the position of a variable resistor to gain cool points... ever. the newest stupid ass car audio myth.

ca5f59dd2716ac1d7d0fc4187ee193b05ec50d93

I just want to know if I am cooler than everyone else because I have more rated power going in my car's front stage than Atsaubrey.

Also I will be maximizing my ESSQUE do to my gains will be bottomed out also.

All I need to know is how many cool points I get for this.

No one needs the kind of power I will be running and there becomes a point where it is senseless.

So I will admit I do it for the shock factor.

All I'm saying is I have the same mids aubrey does on about 300 watts of power and I can easily blow them if I wanted to, not even on tones. Horns are on 25 watts and still easily get as loud as the mids with the gains 1/6 of the way up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.