Just clearing a few "myths"

Originally posted by bean Thanks chris. Actually I've had a few discussions with Mr. Navone. Also guys like Mark Fakuda (rockford fosgate) and Brian Schmidt (formerly of rockford). Gregg Cobbs (former SPLworld record holder) is a buddy of mine. These guys are some of the most brilliant car stereo dudes on the planet. However, if there is a simple answer for something, these guys will give it to you. My challenge with this forum (and the reason I read a lot more than I write) is that too many people give answers that are way, way too technical for most of the kids that read this stuff. For hell's sake there's just a handful of people on this site that even know what the crest factor is. This thread got started because some clown wanted to boast how smart he is. Turned out he was wrong. Being flat out wrong is one thing. We don't want to polute those who are trying to learn this stuff. But talking way, way over some one's head is in my opinion just as bad.

I think a forum like this is to help some of these people learn about car audio. There is an old saying "There is no learning with out pain". Holy **** is this thread painful.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
your totally right---my new standing is to give shortter answers and make things more simple--------but when people challenge your EVERY post to a higher techincal content how can you avoid it? I feel I have to keep going until it's understood why things are the way they are. If I jump in a just say -----yes---no ----don't ----do. Someone will jump ALWAYS jumps in to challenge your answers. So you come back and explain your answer------then your answer is challenged again. then it gets to the point where know one understands what the hell is going on. I hate that-------but if you DON't get it strait people go LOST into car audio. People start take companies marketing methods as facts-------or listen to voodoo methods to fix things. Before you know it things are so far distorted from the truth that it may seem to people that your total answer is TOTAL WRONG cause everyones been told diferent. Take the case of SHIELDED RCAs---- You know that all the RCA companies make some line of shielded type cable. The thing is that shielding has NO effect on the noise found in a car. Almost NOTHING can stop inducted noise. There was a post on another board asking if it OK to run shield cable near his power wirre. when I explained to him that there NEVER was a problem with running them together and shielding doesn't do sh*t. He blow up at me asking if I have ever installed a system before and where I've been for the last 20yrs.He said if your right I guess all the companies are wrong -----yea right----you don't have a clue--he said-------- Most don't know any better. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

i must say, i dont know what crest factor is myself, but i gather from your description of it that its a parameter that relates average to peak power in music.

i myself, come from home high end do-it-yourself area, we do not worry about maxing spls there, just sound purity, i cannot see myself clipping anything ON PURPOSE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

as for being technical, sorry i am new here, i did not know it was not appreciated, gonna go see dude where is my car now so that i can blend in better from now on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif hope no one got seriously pissed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.