just bought a house

You can thank Obama for giving American's means to be able to buy housing and afford better things that weren't obtainable years ago ..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Wrong again. That doesn't stop a person from buying a home 20 years ago to now....weather he's in office or not, he has nothing to do with it. It's up to the individual and market change.

Wrong again. That doesn't stop a person from buying a home 20 years ago to now....weather he's in office or not, he has nothing to do with it. It's up to the individual and market change.
I can't believe you responded to that statement. Trolling at its finest.

i would not go in-wall. most sound decent. i'd go with either JBL or Klipsch personally. I'm changing my movie room from all Onkyo to Klipsch and my living room from Onkyo to JBL. Home Theatre can get really expensive really quickly.

i would not go in-wall. most sound decent. i'd go with either JBL or Klipsch personally. I'm changing my movie room from all Onkyo to Klipsch and my living room from Onkyo to JBL. Home Theatre can get really expensive really quickly.
Thanks, I'm finding that out lol. Why not in wall? I have always wanted to and never really thought about the negatives until late now. 1st thing was rearranging furniture would be impossible. Just asking why you negate in wall.

Thanks, I'm finding that out lol. Why not in wall? I have always wanted to and never really thought about the negatives until late now. 1st thing was rearranging furniture would be impossible. Just asking why you negate in wall.
it's the same as car audio, in wall being a basic OEM replacement. no real imaging or filling of space. while I recommend JBL and Klipsch, it's mainly b/c they both do a pretty good job of getting close to custom building your home theatre with off the shelf products. these would be like get brand specific speakers and enclosures. you'll get way more out of just building everything as one off but HT is by far more expensive to do this than car audio. if you do in wall how do you plan on getting bass frequencies? are you just looking for in wall for making noise or actual home theatre?

In wall will require some acoustical foam insulation and some sound proofing sheetrock to get rid of any resonances that will be prevalent due to the speakers being in the wall. The sound doesnt travel as freely so as fasfocus00 says you lose out on staging and imaging a bit. Might be good for looks but it will be a mission to get it sounding good. Just think of all the department stores with in the ceiling bose speakers. They all generally sound like @ss and localized

Thanks guys, i wont take your knowledge for granted. Just to clarify i wasnt wanting to put speakers in my walls themselves but say i bought the jbl 180 7.1 built frames then slid them in the wall (would foam inside the wall around the frame. This wouod still hurt quality? Yeah im wanting theatre not just sound fasfocus. Thanks for the input guys.

Also look into the Andrew Jones designed Pioneer SP speakers...they get very high reviews for their price-point. About $450 for (2) towers, (2) bookshelf speakers and (1) center. Add a Dayton audio SA-1000 amp and build your own sub enclosure...then find a nice 5.1 receiver.

Congrats on the new home...I just bought my first last summer...I'm working on my HT setup as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on becoming a home owner!

Good luck on finding a home system. For me it's just like caraudio trial and error. What formats do you like listening to?

I'm a vinyl and horn dude so I build my system around that..

All in your preference, if you have a specific Magnolia store near you I would go in and listen to several different types of set ups to see what you like. Most of the stuff will be out of your range, but with some research you can get an idea of what you could build your self for similar results.

Congratulations on becoming a home owner!Good luck on finding a home system. For me it's just like caraudio trial and error. What formats do you like listening to?

I'm a vinyl and horn dude so I build my system around that..
Mainly want it for movies, when its music who knows from classic jazz to gangster rap lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.