jump the remote wire with 2 amps?

You prob won't have any problems with only two amps, but a relay is not a bad idea (not expensive) I had the remote lead blow on an eclipse HU turning on two amps. Not sure if it was a freak thing, but never had problem with the relay.

Tate

Yeah, it'll damage the remote output on the HU //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif..

So you'd have to get your remote from the ignition or lighter or something else.

You prob won't have any problems with only two amps, but a relay is not a bad idea (not expensive) I had the remote lead blow on an eclipse HU turning on two amps. Not sure if it was a freak thing, but never had problem with the relay.
Tate
The only reason it would blow is if for some reason either of the amps pulled too many amperes through the remote... which is a problem with the amp. A relay just acts as a sort of power post, and isn't too much different, but is safer.

Is it possible to figure out how many amps each amp will pull through the remote wire? How common is it for 2 amps to blow a remote lead?

Is it possible to figure out how many amps each amp will pull through the remote wire? How common is it for 2 amps to blow a remote lead?
Yep, it is possible to find out. Generally it is not more then a few mA. You should be just fine with 2 amps on the remote wire.

If you are worried about it, fuse the wire with a 1 amp fuse.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.