Jp23 amp. Pos wire touched ground

Do any of yaull know if the jp23 amplifier is all of the speaker outputs connected inside of the amplifier, or do you have to connect each subwoofer to both outputs? Seems like I'm not getting full power. I have (2) Skar sdr 12's hooked up to it, in the pre-fab box already wired up to 1-ohm. Only has 2 wires coming out of the terminal, one positive, one negative, both subs are connected inside of the box. Maybe both need to be connected separately to the 2 channels for full power, IDK. set my gain with a multimeter, 34-35 and I have to turn the bass knob all way up to get the output that my Pioneer gm9701 done with its bass knob on zero. Any ideas appreciated.
might want to make your own post in help section for best results.

The jp23 is a single channel amp, both + and both - speaker output terminals are internally connected just gives space for like multiple woofers and cannot fit all wires in single pos and single neg terminals

might want to make your own post in help section for best results.

The jp23 is a single channel amp, both + and both - speaker output terminals are internally connected just gives space for like multiple woofers and cannot fit all wires in single pos and single neg terminals
Ok well DARN! This amplifier disappoints. My Pioneer 9701 takes a 150 amp fuse, this jp23 takes a 200 amp fuse. Maybe I got a bad amplifier, it sure doesn't push the (2) Skar sdr 12's that good. I know I won't be putting my new Skar VXF 12's on the jp23, that was the main reason I purchased it.

Do you have them wired correctly? That amp will push out way more than that pioneer
They came pre-wired to a final 1-ohm load. The box only has 2 wire hookup to amplifier. Would this be the correct way to the amplifier? Tried the outer positive. And negative but didn't work.

Attachments

• 20220423_205307.jpg
    20220423_205307.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 32
They came pre-wired to a final 1-ohm load. The box only has 2 wire hookup to amplifier. Would this be the correct way to the amplifier? Tried the outer positive. And negative but didn't work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220424-115857_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220424-115857_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20220424-115911_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220424-115911_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 33
Verify impedance at box terminals/ and at end of wires to amp (amp off and subs not connected)

What does your electrical look like? Are you watching your voltage? It takes power to make power

Attachments

• 20220424_132102.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Yeah it says that on the connections but did you verify INSIDE the subwoofer box itself? Maybe a wire came loose? Pull both subwoofers and double check if you haven't. Otherwise could be the amplifier is a dud. Check all connections again on all the power/ground, check voltage, reset gains with a multimeter, 40hz test tone and bass boost off on amplifier, if you have bass knob set that at full when setting gains. Try all the simple things first.

Yeah it says that on the connections but did you verify INSIDE the subwoofer box itself? Maybe a wire came loose? Pull both subwoofers and double check if you haven't. Otherwise could be the amplifier is a dud. Check all connections again on all the power/ground, check voltage, reset gains with a multimeter, 40hz test tone and bass boost off on amplifier, if you have bass knob set that at full when setting gains. Try all the simple things first.
They are golden, the subs, got them on the pioneer amplifier, and they are slamming!!! Here's a Pic of how they are hooked up

Attachments

• 20220424_132102.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...