Jp23 amp. Pos wire touched ground

As I said that is a pic of the terminals. Not how it is hooked up inside. If the wiring isn't correct inside that terminal means nothing. I would still check inside to verify they hooked it up correctly. It takes 5 minutes to verify and then you know for sure vs saying it is fine by just what the outside terminal says.

If it is okay on the pioneer then the amplifier could be toast.

As I said that is a pic of the terminals. Not how it is hooked up inside. If the wiring isn't correct inside that terminal means nothing. I would still check inside to verify they hooked it up correctly. It takes 5 minutes to verify and then you know for sure vs saying it is fine by just what the outside terminal says. I hope the amplifier is good, I mean it is brand new.

If it is okay on the pioneer then the amplifier could be toast.
Some people are saying I don't have the gain turned up enough, I was trying to set it with a multimeter, they told me to just set the gain until the clip light comes on, well that makes sense since it was about another turn on the gain until the clip light came on , I backed it off till the voltmeter read 34.65 which is the square root of rms of the subwoofer. I will try to set the gain like they are telling me to do, by next weekend, and then I will see.

Set the gains with a 40hz test tone while you use a multi-meter. Leave the bass boost off on the amplifier itself, no bass boost on the head unit, I set my eq to nothing when doing amplifier gains, turn the bass knob all the way up to full and set your head unit at 3/4 of its max volume. Not that hard to do and lots of videos out there.

Also brand new doesn't mean squat with regards to amplifiers especially since that one is just a cookie cutter Chinese amplifier used by a few companies. Not to say that the design is bad but it always possible to get a dud right out of the box even when made in South Korea, the US or back in the day Japan

Set the gains with a 40hz test tone while you use a multi-meter. Leave the bass boost off on the amplifier itself, no bass boost on the head unit, I set my eq to nothing when doing amplifier gains, turn the bass knob all the way up to full and set your head unit at 3/4 of its max volume. Not that hard to do and lots of videos out there.

Also brand new doesn't mean squat with regards to amplifiers especially since that one is just a cookie cutter Chinese amplifier used by a few companies. Not to say that the design is bad but it always possible to get a dud right out of the box even when made in South Korea, the US or back in the day Japan
Ok, I will let you know next weekend. Thanks for help.

There is youtube videos out there. Along with tons of sites that have that stuff posts. 12volt.com is a good place for all that as well.

Skarbage claims the box is tuned to 32hz but I doubt it. Ask buck about how accurate their so called subwoofer ratings are,lol. If this is the box that is.

There is youtube videos out there. Along with tons of sites that have that stuff posts. 12volt.com is a good place for all that as well.

Skarbage claims the box is tuned to 32hz but I doubt it. Ask buck about how accurate their so called subwoofer ratings are,lol. If this is the box that is.

Yes, that's what I have. SKARBAGE!!!

Does it make you feel better to call his equipment garbage? I don't understand why people feel the need to do this kind of shitt. But you do you man. We all started somewhere.

Didn't say his equipment was garbage but obviously that flew right past you.There is multiple reasons why people say Skarbage as pointed out before around here by a few people. You yourself have said iirc that the RP amps are known to go boom and what not. Don't like it then sounds like a personal problem on your end.

Facts are Skar is off in what they claim in subwoofer specs and that isn't just from buck but from a couple designers I have talked to in the past year.

You know damn well no prefab box is correct to what they claim in their tuning. Otherwise everyone would just do those and not build custom designed boxes all the damn time.

Last edited:
And 10x on check inside the box every box from skar the wires were too short to use and easy to come loose

Clipping light is just to let you know that is where yo **** starts to bang mane.

4v out to amp ?

How high is gain after u used meter to set? like under 1/4 way turned up, 1/2 way?
Far Left + middle -

Or

2nd from left + far right -

Last edited:
That is what I have said a couple times but he says its fine using the terminal as evidence. Takes 5 minutes to check all that out and make sure the wiring is correct and that they at least used decent sized wiring in there but with a prefab who knows. Seen them before with 16 gauge in boxes like that before.

That is what I have said a couple times but he says its fine using the terminal as evidence. Takes 5 minutes to check all that out and make sure the wiring is correct and that they at least used decent sized wiring in there but with a prefab who knows. Seen them before with 16 gauge in boxes like that before.
I know, they use the cheapest stuff. I usually build my own boxes, takes time, and materials are so high right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...