JLW7 vs DD 3500d

he's just a punk ass 12 year old with an abnormally large mouth
ROFL. Yea I'm 12. Everyone in this thread is just laughing at how much of an imbecile you are, and how funny it is that you think you have even the tiniest fraction of my knowledge or understanding of how speakers work.

ROFL. Yea I'm 12. Everyone in this thread is just laughing at how much of an imbecile you are, and how funny it is that you think you have even the tiniest fraction of my knowledge or understanding of how speakers work.
dont think too highly of yourself. i think that we have the next vance dickenson on our hands here. watch out vance, you are about to lose your job to some internet punk ass named warbleed.

when dane cook wrote his segment on uppercutting a punk ass, you were the person he had in mind.

40000rms and still laughable linear output. My statements stand. No surprises here. Sorry little guy, throwing tons of power at a woofer and it still failing to produce a remarkable level of linear output isn't impressive. Also, in case you're confused, burps dont count as RMS.
Well i'll be playing music with 20,000+ rms on my pair....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

dont think too highly of yourself. i think that we have the next vance dickenson on our hands here. watch out vance, you are about to lose your job to some internet punk ass named warbleed.
when dane cook wrote his segment on uppercutting a punk ass, you were the person he had in mind.
lol you think about men's genitals. Lastly, it's Dickason, not Dickenson, you imbecile.

I'm proving how loud I can get my CRX //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Fair enough. I've never said DD woofers don't fart loud, they certainly do. I'm just saying the designs, from the standpoint of reducing distortion, providing cleaner more accurate reproduction of sound, DD really doesn't accomplish anything remarkable at all, nor have they ever. They make simple LGLCs which handle a lot of power, but are atrociously bad at converting that power into linear output. Personally I dont care how much power a woofer handles, I'm far more interested in it's ability to convert power into linear output, which is actually relevant to the reproduction of music, whereas powerhandling to that level, is completely and utterly irrelevant.

DD has never even made a driver that has more than about 20mm of linear travel. With the basket they use, they can't even really make it past about 2.25" of p2p travel. Why would I want to use 40kW to move less than 2" linear p2p, when I can use a tiny fraction of that, and get vastly more linear travel, and far less distortion?

They sound good on music to me....and after every show I goto I have everyone that hears my car wanting DD's...even the ones who never knew what DD's were till they met me...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif So DD's seem to influence most who hear them...but different people have different musical taste...and you don't like DD's....but the majority of people in this world do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

They sound good on music to me....and after every show I goto I have everyone that hears my car wanting DD's...even the ones who never knew what DD's were till they met me...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif So DD's seem to influence most who hear them...but different people have different musical taste...and you don't like DD's....but the majority of people in this world do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Preference is preference, I'm not arguing that. Saying the majority of the people in the world do like them is a bit presumptuous though. I have NEVER said DD's are BAD subs, just that technologically speaking, there is really nothing at all remarkable about them for musical purposes.

DD has never even made a driver that has more than about 20mm of linear travel. With the basket they use, they can't even really make it past about 2.25" of p2p travel. Why would I want to use 40kW to move less than 2" linear p2p, when I can use a tiny fraction of that, and get vastly more linear travel, and far less distortion?
Few questions...

If the ability to get loud is solely dependant on linear travel why are PA speakers usually in the less than 10mm xmax each way range? Also why is my ported box very loud at tuning frequency but the woofer doesn't move much. Last my woofer doesn't move much until at very low frequencies, yet is still loud above tuning without moving too much. Is there a certain setup combined with frequency where linear travel starts to come into play?

I guess the answer is the enclosure helping the woofer, and some help controlling the woofer allowing you to pour on more power to get louder. How does it get louder without more linear travel though, er moving further. Sometimes a woofer can be loud as hell without moving hardly at all, while sometimes its not. Also will two drivers with the same linear travel be able to attain the same sound level, even if one is reaching it with 100w and the other 1000w? I don't understand that aspect. Of course there are many things I don't understand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Kurt isn't saying that...he's just saying DD's design is very, very wasteful to be dumping that much power for that little linear travel, when you can get more for less...solid state power is cheap, yes...but 40kW of amplification and the electrical system to support it isn't cheap any way you slice it.

If I read into that wrong, my apologies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Kurt isn't saying that...he's just saying DD's design is very, very wasteful to be dumping that much power for that little linear travel

Thats what duece is saying........why is linear travel soooo important if the sub WANGS with hardly any movement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.