JLW7 vs DD 3500d

we all know who has and has not heard them now. have you ever seen a DD, and not the boobs, cause we all know you cant get any, but seriously, can you honestly say that you have heard enough of the DD's to make that statement?
You aren't even worthy of breathing the same oxygen I breathe, and yes, I have heard numerous DD drivers. That would be fairly clear if you read my above statements about the 3500. I have forgotten more about audio than your feeble insignificant mind will ever know. Given that you are an imbecile, it's hardly surprising that you have considerable difficulty understanding this. If you would like, I can write it out in crayon and take a picture of it for you.

You aren't worthy of my time, child.

As Loyd said, the w6v2 is capable of sounding better than the W7 (lower Le being the biggest reason), the W7 is just capable of more overall linear output. Personally I'll stick with the WGTi 15 MKII that's currently sitting in a shipping carton in my bedroom. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The W7 is a great driver. Would I ever buy one? No.

DD has never produced a woofer with anything resembling a remarkable or impressive motor or suspension design. They are simple LGLC drivers, with poorly designed suspensions (in terms of musical reproduction anyway). They take a hell of a beating to be sure, and can fart with the best of them, but I do not presently, nor have I ever cared, about how loudly a woofer can fart in a high tuned oversized vented enclosure.

Lastly, I'm certain I've had sex with far more attractive women than you. Then again, you're probably attracted to men.

how far advanced can a simple modulating transducer be? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
alternating electrical field moving through a permanent magnetic gap.. not a whole lot you can do to advance on that.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Loyd L.
In terms of raw components sure, but clearly all motor/coil combinations and all suspensions are not created equal, since we both know that one can have as much as 10x as much distortion as a superior design. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

gee I dunno, does every letter model of 3500, 9000, 9500, and 9900 count?.. and what about back in the da when some lines didn't have letter designation... because if not... I guess I don't have any experience with them...
Loyd L.
Loyd, why would you even dignify that with a response? Loyd has never used a DD product...I almost fell out my chair when I read that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I have heard nieither the DD or the W7 so i can't comment on either one.
But I get a free post, so it's all good.

And bri487 DOES seem to be... Less than making sense lately.
why, because i have owned a W7 and speak truthfully about it. it is good for a serious hip hop woofer, but throw some jazz or something similar on it and it ***** balls.

You aren't even worthy of breathing the same oxygen I breathe, and yes, I have heard numerous DD drivers. That would be fairly clear if you read my above statements about the 3500. I have forgotten more about audio than your feeble insignificant mind will ever know. Given that you are an imbecile, it's hardly surprising that you have considerable difficulty understanding this. If you would like, I can write it out in crayon and take a picture of it for you.
You aren't worthy of my time, child.

As Loyd said, the w6v2 is capable of sounding better than the W7 (lower Le being the biggest reason), the W7 is just capable of more overall linear output. Personally I'll stick with the WGTi 15 MKII that's currently sitting in a shipping carton in my bedroom. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The W7 is a great driver. Would I ever buy one? No.

DD has never produced a woofer with anything resembling a remarkable or impressive motor or suspension design. They are simple LGLC drivers, with poorly designed suspensions (in terms of musical reproduction anyway). They take a hell of a beating to be sure, and can fart with the best of them, but I do not presently, nor have I ever cared, about how loudly a woofer can fart in a high tuned oversized vented enclosure.

Lastly, I'm certain I've had sex with far more attractive women than you. Then again, you're probably attracted to men.
i bet you have a tiny wee wee

well I have probally the most experience with DD subs of anyone on the forum...I currently own about 50 different DD subs ranging from the 500 series to the 99z series....So I can say I pretty well know DD's inside and out....As stated before my numbers in my signature prove what they can do in basic ported boxes.....

well I have probally the most experience with DD subs of anyone on the forum...I currently own about 50 different DD subs ranging from the 500 series to the 99z series....So I can say I pretty well know DD's inside and out....As stated before my numbers in my signature prove what they can do in basic ported boxes.....
since this thread is off topic enough, what do you think about the 10" 500 series. i havent heard one yet, but mr. stereo man and i were talking about doing three of them ported in the next setup with 1100 watts. i was running two 1000 series 10"s ported in my truck under the seat and it was flexing the roof with some super clean bass. what kind of damage you think three 500 series 10"s ported will do with 1100 watts in a FJ?

DD has never produced a woofer with anything resembling a remarkable or impressive motor or suspension design. They are simple LGLC drivers, with poorly designed suspensions .

Not remarkable ...I guess only 40,000 rms is not remarkable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif on a single sub...learn your products before you speak....

9910002.jpg

since this thread is off topic enough, what do you think about the 10" 500 series. i havent heard one yet, but mr. stereo man and i were talking about doing three of them ported in the next setup with 1100 watts. i was running two 1000 series 10"s ported in my truck under the seat and it was flexing the roof with some super clean bass. what kind of damage you think three 500 series 10"s ported will do with 1100 watts in a FJ?
The 10's arn't out yet but very soon...the 12's are awesome and very efficient they get loud with less power...That amp would be perfect for the 3 510's once available //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The 10's arn't out yet but very soon...the 12's are awesome and very efficient they get loud with less power...That amp would be perfect for the 3 510's once available //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
that didnt stop me from having the zapco DCs before they were officially released.

Not remarkable ...I guess only 40,000 rms is not remarkable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif on a single sub...learn your products before you speak....

9910002.jpg
40000rms and still laughable linear output. My statements stand. No surprises here. Sorry little guy, throwing tons of power at a woofer and it still failing to produce a remarkable level of linear output isn't impressive. Also, in case you're confused, burps dont count as RMS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.