JL XR650CSi or Kicker RS6

Participant count
  • Participant list

rgclakers
10+ year member

Earth
These are the available components on-hand locally. They're going in on a new cr-v. Which do you think would go well with my Kicker kx600.4 and my subs(2 12W6V2 + KX1200.1)? I listen to hip-hop/rap+metal hybrids like linkin park and limp bizkit. I'm only considering JL or kicker components since i'd like to have a 2 brand setup just to keep it clean...

I don't know why you're only considering JL or Kicker....the brand has nothing to do with it sounding clean....but of those 2, I'd probably take the JL's. But you should really open up your options...

what i meant by 'clean' was aesthetically... i kinda read some good reviews on the resolutions on sounddomain... ya think its a good source? i know the JLs are good. and another thing why i'm considering the kickers is because of the option to mount it as a coax. the car is still brand new and i'd like not to drill holes on the doors or dash as much as possible. thanks

For what it's worth... I am running Kicker K57.2 components in my car right now and that particular tweeter is horribly, painfully, nastily bright. You could cut glass with those tweeters and a Mariah Carey CD.

Unless the Resolution series has improved the tweeter significantly or provides some sort of tweeter attenuation in the crossover -- and I am 99.9999% sure they do not -- then I would avoid it like the SARS virus.

Originally posted by bri487 out of the two, go JL. i was not too impressed with the kickers. if you have the money, go with focal.
There are some known, albeit isolated, problems with Focal's Polyglass line right now. Seems that the cones are warping after exposure to heat and/or high power.

another question... i know the JL can be bi-amp'd...

which would yield a better output... sq+l wise

a 600w amp(75x4) to power the tweets and woofers - each getting 75w

or

two amps: a 50wx2 amp and a 100wx2 amp. the tweets would get 50w and the woofers 100w.

Originally posted by Tungsten For what it's worth... I am running Kicker K57.2 components in my car right now and that particular tweeter is horribly, painfully, nastily bright. You could cut glass with those tweeters and a Mariah Carey CD.

Unless the Resolution series has improved the tweeter significantly or provides some sort of tweeter attenuation in the crossover -- and I am 99.9999% sure they do not -- then I would avoid it like the SARS virus.
Its all about preferance because i listened to both sets and i was more impressed with the kicker comps than the jls. Then i listened to some mb quarts and they blew both of them away, so i would also suggest opening up your options.

Originally posted by fv04as Its all about preferance because i listened to both sets and i was more impressed with the kicker comps than the jls. Then i listened to some mb quarts and they blew both of them away, so i would also suggest opening up your options.
Sure it's a matter of preference. Yet people often read the posts here and use the opinions expressed by others to help steer them toward equipment that might be more to their liking while avoiding (and thereby not wasting time) auditioning things that clearly wouldn't be.

I admit, buying speakers or any other audip component based purely on what someone says here would be idiotic at best. However, use the experiences of others (here) along with what God gave you (your ears) to make an educated, informed decision at the store. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

For me, the MB Quart components have tremendously bright tweeters as well. Again, personal preference. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by Tungsten Sure it's a matter of preference. Yet people often read the posts here and use the opinions expressed by others to help steer them toward equipment that might be more to their liking while avoiding (and thereby not wasting time) auditioning things that clearly wouldn't be.

I admit, buying speakers or any other audip component based purely on what someone says here would be idiotic at best. However, use the experiences of others (here) along with what God gave you (your ears) to make an educated, informed decision at the store. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

For me, the MB Quart components have tremendously bright tweeters as well. Again, personal preference. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i agree totally. i wouldn't buy anything that i didnt listen to first. buy what you like, not what somebody tells you is good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.