JL w7 or Fi Bl ??

mxer69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
DC
I've got like 2.2 cubic feet for box. Would like it ported

I have a 12w7 but am considering selling and getting an Fi BL 12"?

I'd like opinions on sq and loudness. Also, what fricken options ( this will be a daily banger)? My budget is 260 but may stretch for quality.

Also, it's powered by an AQ 1200 D amp, I've got a ton of 0/1 gauge wire but haven gotten a chance to do big 3. I'm 100% sure on the 12" and DO NOT want to add altenator or batteries if at all possible.

I'm also open to other opinions. I care about SQ, loudness, and how deep the sub can hit. It needs to beat daily with around 1400-1500 watts rms

let me know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Id stick with the W7..you already have it so u wont need to spend more money, and if you were to try to buy one youd never get one for 260. Although if they were same price and i had neither id get the w7..despite the fact that id flip it and buy a Bl.

well I was considering flipping it to recover some money.

Sorry, I meant Sound Quality

still would like o know why the w7 instead of the fi?

Never heard a W7..but from what I have heard is that there closer to SQ than the SPL based subs such as a BL or BTL etc. So I would assume from what I've heard youd be happier with the W7..but with saying that I will say that with the right box a BL will and can sound great.

Ever considered 8" subs? There SQ is amazing for the SPL they produce for such a small driver. Truly amazing and you can stuff 2 into a 1.5 cube box and they'd love it. I honestly think 2 True Bass 8s would really be a close competition for a w7 12". It depends on the install ofc tho. You can even get a pair of 8s for less than 250$. Theyd take a AQ1200 all day too if the box was around 1.2 NET.

Obviously DD 1508s are really nice 8s but not sure how there SQ is..I know they can get pretty **** loud if you tune em high. Friend has 2x 8w7s but ive yet to hear them.

Never heard a W7..but from what I have heard is that there closer to SQ than the SPL based subs such as a BL or BTL etc. So I would assume from what I've heard youd be happier with the W7..but with saying that I will say that with the right box a BL will and can sound great.
Ever considered 8" subs? There SQ is amazing for the SPL they produce for such a small driver. Truly amazing and you can stuff 2 into a 1.5 cube box and they'd love it. I honestly think 2 of the 8s i have would really be a close competition for a w7 12". It depends on the install ofc tho.
How can you give any reliable information when you have never acutally heard or demo'd either sub. Your opinions are subject to what you have read and not heard from experience with the equipment.

lol 2 8's to a 12w7 come on, w7's get loud and sound extremely well in the right box with the right amount of power. the thing about the jl is it doesn't need 1500 watts to reach full potiential with 750 it'll still outperfom alot driviers. But with 1k clean watts it would shine and can get nasty.

I have not personally heard a Bl but i have heard Btls and they get nasty low and loud but it doesn't reflect the bass i like when i hear my w7. Maybe the Fi Q line will fit your needs but i would try and get someone with a honest experience to give you a good review.

well I'm not the best at boxes so I wouldn't want to count on that. I'm really just looking for an overall daily sub that is great at lows, quality, and gets loud. I'd like to get rid of the w7 because EVERYBODY and their sisters have them

Any thing else I should be looking at? I'm fine with getting used subs as well

I'd really like to stick to a 12" though. I've heard some DD 8's and idk. They just weren't for me

Thanks Jadon. Someone who knows what one ACTUALLY sounds like! Lol yeah its a great sub. Just don't like it being a JL lol. I put on a new dust cap and it looks brand fricken new though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Anything that you've heard is better than the dub 7? I can put 1500 watts rms so yeah. Feel free to use all of those major watts lol

woahhhh...there are people here who like JL?? everyone is always hating on them saying they are overpriced pieces of crap

if you want to keep the power low get an ssd....if you want to get real crazy lows pick up a Q and run it on 1k

honestly I like the sound of the Q much better than a W7, but the only W7s I have heard were in JL prefabs. maybe if I get to hear one in a custom box it would be better.

The fact that its Jl shouldn't have anything to do with you not liking it, just because the guys here bash Jl for there price point shouldn't make you ashamed to run a jl sub. Heck The w7 is a great sub but its not even my favorite outta the Jl line up the old school w6's got loud and sound just as clean as the w7's to today and also the old w3v1 were great sq subs. And im talkin with only maybe 300 watts going to each sub. LEts not forget about the 15w3 v1 and v2 both get loud with only 500 watts and sound extremely good for 15's.

As far as other subs go that will fit your application i would say an audiopulse revo is a great sql sub that would take every bit of your amp and more. to be honest if all TC/Audiopulse sound as good as the revo i heard then i would try and find any TC.

Maybe an old school re xxx but again all what your going to be trying to accomplish is going to be install dependent and how is sound to your ear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mxer69

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
mxer69
DC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date