JL w7 or Fi Bl ??

will definitely do. Thanks for your help :]

anyone else want to throw in their $0.02?

between an FI BL and the 12w7, id pick the w7 only due to your trunk space. BL are generally suited for larger enclosures, and almost always ported. however, i dont really agree with getting a w7 cuz theyre ****. you could always get an fi SSD or fi Q which perform better in smaller enclosures.

edit: w7 are **** for the price to performance ratio, with the money you COULD spend on a w7, you could buy way better subs.

between an FI BL and the 12w7, id pick the w7 only due to your trunk space. BL are generally suited for larger enclosures, and almost always ported. however, i dont really agree with getting a w7 cuz theyre ****. you could always get an fi SSD or fi Q which perform better in smaller enclosures.
edit: w7 are **** for the price to performance ratio, with the money you COULD spend on a w7, you could buy way better subs.
Wow, you've clearly never had one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Oh, I didn't see your edit, but I still don't fully agree with it. The W7 is one of the best SQ subwoofers money can buy, so while you could save money by buying something else, buying something much better with the difference probably won't happen.

well for the money a w7 costs i could get an RE XXX, which slaughters SQ. that just comes to mind, but im sure there are even better deals than that, especially when you consider the XXX is pretty much the same price as a w7 haha. however, im sure with a little research you could easily get a better sub for the money a w7 costs.

edit: no i am well aware the w7 is a great subwoofer. its just hat i feel it is unfairly priced. if it was competitively priced then im sure it wouldn't get half the hate it does currently, if any. its just that JL wants to rab everyone blind, and so the one subwoofer thats truly great from there, they throw a huge ass pricetag on.

JL JL JL JL JL

your options???

JL OR ****
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif:eek:mg: there is other good stuff out there:wow:

lol w7 is great.. not going to lie. I got it for a good price, but I could sell it, make money, and get something to par. XXX is a little expensive for me, but I might barter for one.

I'm between a DC lvl 4, a lvl 4 xl, and an Incriminator Audio sub. TC sounds is too overpriced lol

Any suggestions regarding those?

what kind of car and how much room do you have. Another option would be mb quart rwe 352's They are a woderful sq sub that takes 700 rms and works in 1.5 cubes sealed,you could run 2 15's sealed in 3 cubes sound great and power them right up to potential with your 1200,but what do I know about SQ i'm throwing 4k daily on a spl 15:D

I had some dd 1508 3x in a 3cf 'after port+speaker disp' ported box tuned to 35hz and it sounded killer, but didnt sound like it hit selelct notes. 'high and low'

I swapped to 3x jl 8w7 and the amount of notes it hits now high and low made me think something wasnt right before, lol

for SQ they are one of if not the best out there and they dont need 1k watts power.

screw the pricing. something cost alot ya know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but cost isnt bad as they make up for it in sq

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my .03c

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mxer69

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
mxer69
DC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date