How to tune a box??

dab86
10+ year member

Im really new to all this so dont mind my stupidly but i have a question.

I got two 15 inch RE audio subs in a ported box. Do you tune the box or is it automatically tuned from the way you build it? My box has 4.0 cubic feet per chamber.

well my box is 16H x 40W x 17 Depth.

Cutout/Diameter of length is 14-1/8 inch.

and 4.0 cubic feet per chamber.

can you tell what its tuned at from that?

Im really new to all this so dont mind my stupidly but i have a question.
I got two 15 inch RE audio subs in a ported box. Do you tune the box or is it automatically tuned from the way you build it? My box has 4.0 cubic feet per chamber.
Call Greg from RE and make him "help you" design a box. Then laugh and tell him Tuan said to do so. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Greg has many pre-designed enclosures for your sub that he can instantly email to you.

Tuan

Call Greg from RE and make him "help you" design a box. Then laugh and tell him Tuan said to do so. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Greg has many pre-designed enclosures for your sub that he can instantly email to you.

Tuan
Greg never called me back....two years later...still waiting for that call....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

My final question is my subs can hit pretty low bass. But how can i make the low deep bass sound louder? The overall bass is really loud but when it hits the real low bass it doesnt seem as loud. Is there a way you can fix that using any of the amp controls settings?

My final question is my subs can hit pretty low bass. But how can i make the low deep bass sound louder? The overall bass is really loud but when it hits the real low bass it doesnt seem as loud. Is there a way you can fix that using any of the amp controls settings?
turn down the bass boost(off) and up slightly on the gain...

You need 3 things:

1)Net airspace in the enclosure in cubic INCHES after all displacements

2)Port area

3)Port length

Take the square root of your port area multiplied by .823

Then add you port length to that

Multiply that by your net airsapce in cubic inches

184000000 x port area

Devide that by the number you saved from above

Square root that number and multiply by .159

And this number you have now is your tuning

Knock yourself out..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ur gay dude.
nice post, chief

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.