Jl w3 10 vs dc level 3 10

I currently have 2 jl w3v3-4 10 inch subs in a ported box. I am thinking of upgrading to 2 doc level 3 10 inch subs instead. The jl has 500watts rms and an xmax of 14mm. The dc has 900 watts rms and an xmax of 23mm. How much louder would the dc audio subs be? I am mainly interested in spl so sq isn't that big of a deal.

^^^He's correct. However, if you're looking for more SPL I'd up my cone area before running different subs. This usually doesn't yield the results you think it's going to.

Not gonna be any louder unless you put more power to them .. First question is what amp are you running and at what ohm load do the 2 subs need to achieve to get the most power outta your amp .. Is it 1 ohm stable 2 ohm?? And what powa

When you get down below lvl4 in the dc line I personally feel that there are better values out there.. A lvl 3 costs about 285$ shipped and handles 900 rms (great sub) but you could do 2 soundqubed hds3 15's 12's or 10's for the price of 1 of the dc lvl 3's I had a set of hds3 12's rigged up in a ski boat I had powered by an alpine 2400 watt amp and dayum they got with it. Nothing wrong with dc I just feel that under the lvl 4 there are better deals out there.

I have had many of the new version jl w3's and the sq hds3 will put it to shame for 140$ each they often get overlooked because the hdc3 is so popular people overlook the hds. the hds has 3" coils sounds great and takes tones of power ,as does the sundown SA series wich is another good sub that will shame the jl w3. Jl makes good stuff but they are proud of it just like dc.

Since you listen to all kinds of tunes I would jump to a 12" sub if you have the room I think the hds3 12" needs like 1.25 cu3 so unless you are driving a Corvette you should have plenty of room just get me your amp specs and we can go from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.