JL or Kicker?

ray_dough

i am curently looking at getting one of the two following subs, a jl 12" W3 or a kicker 10" L5. i was woundering which one would be the better choice, which one would preform better and how they preform. i already have a Phoenix gold XS2500 amp and plan to use it on my new set up

if you go with jl get the w6 if you go with kicker go with L7. either are really good speakers.

Well ive went through alot of subs in my day.. (reli the last 6 years) and the one thing ive learned is that if its kicker and not square, dont buy it!

Glad to help

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

man get jl's they are way better than kicker. well from my experience they are. ive got friends that work down at this shop and one has the w3's and one has the solo barics. those w3's i like a lot better.

BESIDES THE NEW W7 THAT JUST CAME OUT THERE IS NO WOOFER THAT CAN STAND TOE TO TOE WITH THE CLEAN, BUT HARD HITTING, LONGEST EXCURSION OF ANY WOOFER MADE, AND THE ABILITY TO HIT A 150 WITH A PAIR OF 12'S. OH YEAH, I THOUGHT THE RULE WAS THAT A ROUND SPEAKER SOUNDS BETTER THAN A OVAL OR SQUARE. THE ONLY THING THAT'S COOL ABOUT THE KICKER L7 IS THAT YOU CAN FIT MORE SIDE BY SIDE, THE REASON IS THAT FOR EVERY 4 JL W3'S YOU HAVE, YOU'LL NEED 5 L7'S.

Ok, I have noticed that nobody has really answered your question yet really, they have just suggested more expensive subs. I would go with the L5's for sq, the jl's for pure spl. personally I think the JL's sound like crap, but they are loud, I will give them that.

Man that hurts! JLs are some of the best sounding subs there are...show me any magazine where the JLs have lost. You can't. I sold both JL and Kicker; and they are both kick-ass subs. The Kicker has the ability to play a little harder than the Jl does, but the JL has a better response. On your exact question, the 12'" speaker will probably give you slightly more SPL and play slightly lower (but this also depends highly on box parameters!) Take in YOUR music, not the sales dork, and listen to them both. Take into account that the 12 will need a larger box. Both will need about the same amp.

The JL's that I heard in a freinds truck didnt sound that impressive, but it could have just been his enclosure. He had a truck box ported in the extended cab of his truck. All I can say is I like my L7 better than his JL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.