JL Fix 82 Wiring Question

Participant count
  • Participants list

we87
10+ year member

Trying to install a JL fix 82, which has dc off set and signal sense. But when I hook up 12v and ground it doesn't auto turn on, so it needs a ACC or switched 12v lead like a remote for an amp.

But if I do wire it that way, what's the sense of having DC offset and signal sense? Am I missing something here?

If I just run a jumper between the 12v constant to 12v switched, wouldn't that mean the fix would never turn off?

Go to JLs website and see if there is a Firmware for the fix.. If not.. Id contact the JL Tech Support as Ive read in the past/remember couple years ago there were several issues with this unit .

Go to JLs website and see if there is a Firmware for the fix.. If not.. Id contact the JL Tech Support as Ive read in the past/remember couple years ago there were several issues with this unit .
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. Still waiting to hear from tech support. I tried hooking it up to a PC before I installed it in the car, and standard USB wouldn't power it up. Then I figured it just needed 12v and ground so I used an old computer power supply to give it power and that didn't work. I just assumed it needed the signal to turn on so I just left it alone. Writing this out now, and looking back, I should have just put a jumper between switched and constant and had it boot that way. But I still haven't messed with it all yet. I was having my own issues running the remote acc line from the fuse box, and after I finally got that situated I was too tired to mess with the rest lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...