JL enclosed sub box comparison question (12TW3 PowerWedge vs. 10W6v3 H.O. Wedge Port)

Participant count
  • Participant list

JLaudio95

Hello,

I just purchased this 12 inch sub:

CS112LG-TW3 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - PowerWedge

It is being powered by my JL Audio 600/1 XD amp.

But i am thinking it might sound better with this smaller 10 inch sub, the cost difference is about $150.00 to go up to the W6 from the W3 in the current enclosure I initially chose.

HO110-W6v3 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - H.O. Wedge

What would you say are the pro's and con's of each box, powered with my 600/1 amp? I have a Range Rover sport and mostly listen to rap, EDM and top 40. It sounds great but i have up to 30 days to ensure this is the sub enclosure i am happy with, thanks!

Thanks!

The 10 in the HO box will be louder and will give you the bass you are looking for.
I was afraid you were going to say that! I don't need a ton of space in my cargo area, the current enclosure looks really small and again it sounds great. so for the smaller price difference you'd go with the W6 huh? Would it provide more mid end bass or just low end mostly?

I was afraid you were going to say that! I don't need a ton of space in my cargo area, the current enclosure looks really small and again it sounds great. so for the smaller price difference you'd go with the W6 huh? Would it provide more mid end bass or just low end mostly?
Mid and low end bass. That sealed box will roll off high like in the 50s, sealed boxes are big bottlenecks for output. The only benefit they offer is they take up less space and are easy to design and build. The JL HO boxes are built well and hold their value. The W6 series is highly regarded in terms of sound quality.

Mid and low end bass. That sealed box will roll off high like in the 50s, sealed boxes are big bottlenecks for output. The only benefit they offer is they take up less space and are easy to design and build. The JL HO boxes are built well and hold their value. The W6 series is highly regarded in terms of sound quality.
I thought the same way but I was wrong. My Q sealed on 1000 or so is louder across the ENTIRE bandwidth then the old large ported 2508 on close to 2000 watts. It was only louder around irs peak.

When you wrote "That sealed box will roll off high like in the 50s" is that referencing the mid line bass that i am talking about? I had my shop order up the 10W6v3 H.O. Wedge two swap it out. I am looking forward to hearing the difference.

The sub is rated for 600 watts and my amp is the JL XD 600/1 so this should be plenty of power in you opinion?

When you wrote "That sealed box will roll off high like in the 50s" is that referencing the mid line bass that i am talking about? I had my shop order up the 10W6v3 H.O. Wedge two swap it out. I am looking forward to hearing the difference.
The sub is rated for 600 watts and my amp is the JL XD 600/1 so this should be plenty of power in you opinion?
Yea you will notice a big difference and your current amp is fine.

Hey there, i just ended up getting the sub box swapped out for the HO110-W6v3 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - H.O. Wedge that i had asked about, do you know if i need to change the settings on my amp, the frequency or anything? I literally unplugged the old one and plugged in the new one when i swapped them out at the stereo shop :)

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.