JL audio W7

no doubt the xxx will beat the w7's in spl, but sq they will be no where close (although the xxx is not BAD in quality at all, the w7 was made that well). I personally am not a brahma fan, good subs, but i think the w7 has the edde in sq again and almost identical in spl. Those XXX's need more power too. I would say if your going for quality go jl, loudness XXX. As for amps, dont use those jbls with sub awesome subs. Someong suggested the JL 1000x1...i would add Xtant's 1000x1 (amazing amp) and PPI's 1000x1, all great amps, whatever you buy, generally you pay a buck per watt for a quality amp (very general rule of thumb). I am still going to suggest that you downgrade to 2 subs, but thats just me. As for the 15 hz question, the human audiable range is 20hz - 20khz...although some people can hear a little below and above. Changes are you wont hear that at all, but you will feel it like mad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thats what being a bass thug is all about right?

Originally posted by rain377 i wont be building the box or installing it into the wall myself i dont know enough about enclosures to do all that. it will be a pro job.
Ah, talking about FEELING the bass, I'd get myself a pair of aura bass-shaker pro with some cheap amps, since I dotn' they need need anything SQ... never erally felt them, but if it's the shake that you want, well, there's your answer...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You won't hit 15hz at any decent SPL in a car/truck/suv. Not with any of the subs you're looking at, anyway. Even if you carefully tuned a ported box to hit as low as possible, I just don't see it being able to work without completely compromising sound quality.

Now, if you're really crazy, here's what you can do to hit 130-140db at 15hz. But I warn you, it won't work in your truck. An SUV or a large van with the back seats taken out might be enough room.. Head over to http://www.svsubwoofers.com and get one of their B4-Plus subs (not sure if they have the order page setup yet or not, might have to call/e-mail) and then get an Orion XtrPro2400 to power it. The B4-Plus is a home theater sub that has some very impressive output throughout the range. It can take up to 5000W, but there's really no need for that much. This should easily satisfy your need for loud, deep bass, unless you're looking for an SPL monster (150db+), in which case SQ is going to be compromised greatly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.