JL audio W7

ok one more question. is it safe to hit down around the 15 htz range? that is about the range i'm going for if its safe to do so. i dont want to damage my speakers (expensive sons of *****es) but i love that ultra low bass. if it is safe how would i build a box to do it?

Originally posted by rain377 ok one more question. is it safe to hit down around the 15 htz range? that is about the range i'm going for if its safe to do so. i dont want to damage my speakers (expensive sons of *****es) but i love that ultra low bass. if it is safe how would i build a box to do it?
i think that an amp with a subsonic filter might block that out...but i still say go brahma! and if money is no problem....3 JL 1000/1s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by rain377 ok one more question. is it safe to hit down around the 15 htz range? that is about the range i'm going for if its safe to do so. i dont want to damage my speakers (expensive sons of *****es) but i love that ultra low bass. if it is safe how would i build a box to do it?
15Hz????? Can humans hear 15Hz?? If you can, You'd probably rip your eardrums, with a modest volume... Geez, calm down Sylvester...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hmm, aren't 2 15" enough? I mean, 3...wow... you'd have a darn hard time fitting in the enclosure too:confused:

well as you all probably know the new jl 1200.1 dont have s ubsonic filter but if that low of a frequency would damage my speakers i can pick up and inline subsonic filter.

Originally posted by nswartley i think that an amp with a subsonic filter might block that out...but i still say go brahma! and if money is no problem....3 JL 1000/1s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I belive he WANTS to hit 15Hz.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

what i'm doing for the enclosure is i have the bottom of my back wall in my truck cutout. i will be building the bow into the bed and having the speakers mounted where the back wall used to be right under the plexiglass window.

Originally posted by rain377 what i'm doing for the enclosure is i have the bottom of my back wall in my truck cutout. i will be building the bow into the bed and having the speakers mounted where the back wall used to be right under the plexiglass window.
Sounds really awesome... have you done installs with plexi before?

Hey, why not get a Zapco amp? A c90 or maybe the 4KW...now, THAT'd be awesome...

the box wont have any plexi just the windown on my truck will be all plexi to decrease the odd of me blowing them out. i'm thinking 1" mdf with a fiberglass front.

Originally posted by rain377 what amp would you recommend then? i want crisp clean power. i'm going a lot for SPL but mainly for SQ.
Orion HCCA's sound good... they can drop to 0.5ohm too...

Erm, PPI amps look just wicked...arc...McIntosh...hmm, that's about all I know, dont' know much, sorry...

Zapco has Symbilink balanced line outs...I believe you might get the SQ you're looking for...am I wrong, guys?

Originally posted by rain377 the box wont have any plexi just the windown on my truck will be all plexi to decrease the odd of me blowing them out. i'm thinking 1" mdf with a fiberglass front.
Well, with all that pressure inside the box, I can only hope that you tighten the 6937 screws as tight as you can...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.