JL audio W3 Ohm help.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am building my first set up. I have a Jl audio xd500/3v2 amplifier and Jl audio 10w3v3-4 subwoofer. Dont laugh at me...the subwoofer is a single voice coil I believe because it only has one set of connectors, and when i bought it I ordered the 4 ohm version. My aplifier gives 180RMS at 4 ohm and 300 RMS at 2 ohm. Is there a way to run this subwoofer at 2 ohm even though its a single voice coil and 4 ohm sub. If not will I not be pleased with running just 180 RMS to the sub. Im not going for crazy SPL but I do wanna feel some bass in my seat. The car is a corvette and I running Pioneer DEH80PRS head unit and Image Dynamics components up front. What do you guys think. Will I be pleased. Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.