JL Audio vs MBQuart (vs kenwood?)

wavdj
10+ year member

here
Hi

What would you recommand for 6 1/2" component ?

MB Quart (Perfect series) ou JL Audio (Xr)

JL Audio seems really good .... but does it worth it's price ?

Or what do you think of the 2007 component of Kenwood Excellon? it seems really good !!

thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It's Premium series not Perfect.

I haven't heard none of them so other people with experience will advise.

CA & E magazine has reviewed Excellon comp and was so so.

Stay away from MBQ, the new MB speakers lack midbass, details in the mid and the alum tweeters are harsh and kill your ears. The XR JL's are way better on midbass and fullness on the mids but again have the sharp alum tweeters i cant stand. You should listen to some comps with silk or soft dome tweeters and see if you like the way they sound.

HiWhat would you recommand for 6 1/2" component ?

MB Quart (Perfect series) ou JL Audio (Xr)

JL Audio seems really good .... but does it worth it's price ?

Or what do you think of the 2007 component of Kenwood Excellon? it seems really good !!

thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
i have the mb quarts and the sound is amazing.....clear and loud.

midbass is phenomenal

Stay away from MBQ, the new MB speakers lack midbass, details in the mid and the alum tweeters are harsh and kill your ears. The XR JL's are way better on midbass and fullness on the mids but again have the sharp alum tweeters i cant stand. You should listen to some comps with silk or soft dome tweeters and see if you like the way they sound.
I have the MB's and while mine have mid bass I have the Q216's but they were purchased years ago. Again I will agree the highs are very bright but I like them, I would buy them again as I have twice. AS far as the JL's I have not heard them but I was talking to one of the head engineer guys at JL this weak and ask about those speakers compared to my MB's and he said the MB's are brighter and he liked them more as well because he like his highs bright. Obviously he did say anything bad about the JL's he just agreed with me. When my truck gets here JL is going to look at it to see what we can come up with for a W7 set up.

Alum tweeters are bright, some call them harsh. I have mbq reference and they are bright and loud. I listened to some alpines that had softer sounding tweets. Its personal preference.

MbQuart is the Mercedes Benz of speakers..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

jL for subwoofers only.

I've owned MB Quart premiums and they had excellent midbass. Maxxsonics hasnt screwed with the premiums or the Q's. The tweeters are titanium, too.

Tard.

AS far as the JL's I have not heard them but I was talking to one of the head engineer guys at JL this weak and ask about those speakers compared to my MB's and he said the MB's are brighter and he liked them more as well because he like his highs bright.

- I think that says it all.

I have a complete JL system which includes JL 6.5" components. I looked at Infinity, MB, Focal and the JL. The Infinities were nice but not that nice, the MB Quart were a little to tingy for my taste, the Focal's were real sweet but VERY expensive. Then I listened to the JL...............and the rest is history. You need to listen to each brand you are looking at and let your own ears guide you.....everyone has different taste. JM2CENTS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.