JL Audio vs Audison

Participant count
  • Participant list

cjnichls

Hello All,

I recently bought a new Sierra Denali that has the Bose system and Nav. I and am going to put a JL Audio Stealthbox in it next week. At first all I'm going to do is the Stealthbox and amp. Down the road I'll replace the speakers. Do you guys have any suggestions on which amp to buy? I like the JL HD 1200/1 but I'm open for suggestions. I also like the Audison brand.

Thanks

A simple response would be, JL is more reliable, but Audisons will sound better. For your woofer, I'd vote for JL.
Cant tell if this is a troll. Audison is some of the best equipment you can get. In a proper install both will be equally reliable.

What do you want to know? You can get 5000 watts for the cost of those but you are not looking for that are you? In that price range you pretty much have the top amps. Take a look at the Zed Minotaur but it won't do what that JL will do. Zapco Z-1KD also

Ok thanks a lot. What I'm looking for are some thoughts and suggestions of what amp(s) to use for my upcoming new system. I've been told the Hertz speakers are the best along with Audison amps. So I'm just wanting some suggestions from you guys. I appreciate what you've already said. I think I think I'll go with the Audison Voce Uno for now and maybe 2 Voce Quattros for a three way system.

Troll? No. Been on this board longer than you? Yes! Been installing Audio for 40 years. Have installed both brands, and had Audison amps fail twice. Had JL fail zero. Installed about 5x more JL than Audison. I don't care for either brand. The guy asked I replied, and you just stirred the sh*t.

Cant tell if this is a troll. Audison is some of the best equipment you can get. In a proper install both will be equally reliable.

CrossFired:

What amp would you recommend for my application? The JL Stealthbox for my truck contains two 10TW3-D4 subwoofers in a down-firing sealed enclosure. 800 watt power handling. Wired for a 4 ohm load.

Thanks a lot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.