JL Audio TRUE POWER question

Exactly what it says. JL Audio amplifiers are EXTREMELY regualated amplifiers set to put out their rated power in all ohm configurations and input voltage levels. They constantly monitor the ohm load at their speaker terminals and adjust the rail voltage accordingly to maintain, as in this case with the 500/1, 500 watts at anywhere from I think its 1.3 ohms up to 8 ohms. It never changes. Thats why you cant gain more power from these amps by halving the ohm load, the amps themselves wont allow it and lower their internal rail rail voltage to compensate. Thats why I personally hate JL audio amplifiers.

I sure it does more than 500rms

The good thing about those amps is that you get all the power at 12v and at almost any load all the way down to about 1.5ohms.

it pushes around 700rms, I had 2 of these, and dropped down to just 1, and its still incredibly loud....flawless amps, just not worth retail price...

The 500/1 and 1000/1 guarantee 500w and 1000w respectively, no matter the input power or load.

Car Toys in Denver told me they have benched a few peaking as high as 725wrms and 1175wrms.

I like my JL amps. They dont cause a massive strain on the electrical system, even when my XXX drops sick ass beats.

BIll T

remember, price of jl 500.1 u can get a tantrum and whip dat a$!
lol, You really like flashing that don't you?

It is true, that they will spank the JL's ass in power!

I will be purchasing one soon!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yeah, there are many amps out there that would whip the JL's. Especially since the JL amps are so **** expensive. Glad I got the hook up on my 2, but I need a new sub amp or another 1000/1.

Bill T.

i dont think they are comps... and for the record, JL amps are incredible pieces of equipment. sure u can get more watts/dollar from others, but jl's are seriously indestructible and offer verstility few other do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.