JL Audio Slash v2 -vs- XD Series Amp

Spyder219

Hi, I'm starting a new system setup in my 97 Eclipse Spyder GST. Currently I have a JL Audio 10" w3v3-2 powered by an Alpine M500 amp. (500watt RMS, 2ohm impedence)

This setup takes up too much space, as the Spyder has very limited trunk space. So I am building a new system to accomodate this, but still give me the quality and spl I desire.

I'm going with the JL Audio 13TW5 sub, and am unsure which amp I should use to power it. I'm a little torn between the JL Audio Slash v2 500/1 and the JL Audio XD600/1. The Slash is meant for serious audiophiles, and has all sorts of different controls built in to dial in the perfect balance between your sub and main speakers. I don't think I'll ever really mess with that. The XD is their "step-down" series, but from the reviews it still delievers on the power, and is very compact.

At current market price, they are both about the same cost. ($300-$330)

What I'm unsure about is which one would deliver the best watts (quality), for the sub I'm going with. I want to do it right the first time. So, if anyone here has had personal experience (preferrably tested both of them), help me out.

Thanks

So it'd be the most reliable? I figured it was better quality over the XD Series, but wanted a second opinion. This is off the main topic, but still has to do with amps:

For my main speakers, I've never had them amplified, so I've never heard any difference it makes. I was going to change that, and put a JL Audio XD200/2 on the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X494 deck for the main speakers. (JL Audio Evolution TR650-CWi 6.5" & TR690-TXi 6x9")

Would this work, and would it make a noticeable difference?

OK, issue resolved. I would have like to have seen some data pitting the two against each other, and exactly how much better the Slash is over the XD series, but just confirming what I already had figured will have to do I guess. Thanks for the help Slim.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.