JL Audio or Digital Deisgns

Icecube91

Senior VIP Member
I'm looking to put 2 12" subwoofers in my car. I have a 2012 Acura TL Elite SH-AWD. So there is a bit of a hump in the trunk. I have some subs in mind below with the amp let me know below. Also I want to know is it worth getting the W7 over the W6 and running more power to them? My electrical is stock right now but will do the big 3, change stock battery, and run a small batter in the back

2 12" JL Audio W6 Amp: JL Audio 1200/1v3

2 12" JL Audio W7 Amp: x2 JL Audio 1000/1v2

2 12: Digital Designs 2500 Amp" DD M2C

I would go DD. They will handle more power, JL's tend to be more SQ style woofers that don't handle a bunch of power. The DD amps are great. DD's will tear your trunk up and sound good. JL's will sound good but won't handle good bass for a long time as far as subs go.

Nothing wrong with any of the setups at all. But JL audio is quite expensive for what you get, and they haven't updated all that much in the last few years. The w7 has been the same for almost 15 years.

I personally would not limit your options to only JL and DD 2500s unless that's all that's accessible to you.

To truly take advantage of a pair of the 12w7 or the 2512s, youll need a nice large box. The W7s like lots of volume to get the most of them (2.5-3.2 cubes each I'd say) the DDs would prefer lots of port area.

What pricing can you get for all these components?

Nothing wrong with any of the setups at all. But JL audio is quite expensive for what you get, and they haven't updated all that much in the last few years. The w7 has been the same for almost 15 years.
I personally would not limit your options to only JL and DD 2500s unless that's all that's accessible to you.

To truly take advantage of a pair of the 12w7 or the 2512s, youll need a nice large box. The W7s like lots of volume to get the most of them (2.5-3.2 cubes each I'd say) the DDs would prefer lots of port area.

What pricing can you get for all these components?
Unless you are burping they don't need much port area. No more than anything else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.