JL Audio, Focal, etc... = Justified pricing?

Jl is not high end just over priced, and if people are f*cking dumb enough to pay that price why shouldn't they charge that much? mosconi, audio frog, helix, cdt, now those are quality examples and well worth the cash if your going for a high fidelity setup, and they hold value for resale which means a lot to some people. And how can you compare cheap Chinese class d amps to expensive and well built class a/b?

Are boutique car audio brands like Focal and JL Audio worth the price? That depends........ if you want the best, I think the JL Audio W7 series (if that's what they still call it), is still a benchmark subwoofer. (But do you really need the best?)

I bought a set of Focal Utopia component speakers that retailed for around $900.00 back in the early 2000's because, at the time, I just did not know of any value priced speakers that would measure up. After they blew in a few years and I had time to research and hear more Chinese made stuff, I found a couple of component sets that trumped them for less than half the price. Today, I buy comparable speakers for a fraction of what I paid for the Focals.

I say this - if you really have the money to spend, buy those brands - money aside, you can't go wrong.

However, you can find comparable products from other brands in most cases for half the price or less.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.