JL Audio Evolution TR series vs. EDi 6000s

ivrex
10+ year member

Docta Shocka!!!
ok well i found both speakers for 125bux. theyre 6.5" component sets. the EDi's handle more power but i wont really be takin advantage of it

which ones do you guys suggest i go for, btw it will be runnin off of deck power

For 125, I'd suggest something completely different like Oz Vectors or Pioneer Revs (which can sometimes be found in that price range). For a bit more, the Peerless Definitions can be had. Believe it or not, lots of options in the sub $200 range.

If you can get a bit more money, the JL XRs or Alpine Type Xes are pretty nice. I was never impressed with lower-end JLs and the eDis are just rebadged CDTs, which I'm not a fan of.

The TRs sound nice but they are very picky install wise. They will only sound good if you install them well...they don't seem to give a lot of room for error. I have installed a lot of sets of these and in my experiance if you install them well as if you were installing a high end setup they will give you your moneys worth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.