JL Audio 700/5 amp verses Kenwood X700/5 Amp

bigbrother54
10+ year member

Review of Amplifier:

I am looking to do a system upgrade on my stereo equipment and am needing some good advice on what company to use for the amp and subwoofer. I am looking at the JL Audio XD700.5 channel amp and one of their 12W3V3-4 12" subs in a custom 1.25" enclosures or using the Kenwood X700/5.5 excelon amp and the Kenwood 10" Excelon Series Mobile Subwoofer - KFC-XW10. I have heard alot of positive things about both of these set ups but am not sure which company to use. I am presently running the Kenwood DNX6020Ex head unit and 2 sets of the Mirus co-axial speakers by Hybrid Audio Technologies. If anyone can give me some good advise I would be very grateful.

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!

Review of Amplifier:I am looking to do a system upgrade on my stereo equipment and am needing some good advice on what company to use for the amp and subwoofer. I am looking at the JL Audio XD700.5 channel amp and one of their 12W3V3-4 12" subs in a custom 1.25" enclosures or using the Kenwood X700/5.5 excelon amp and the Kenwood 10" Excelon Series Mobile Subwoofer - KFC-XW10. I have heard alot of positive things about both of these set ups but am not sure which company to use. I am presently running the Kenwood DNX6020Ex head unit and 2 sets of the Mirus co-axial speakers by Hybrid Audio Technologies. If anyone can give me some good advise I would be very grateful.

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!
^ come on dude u even left it in your post! And it says REVIEW OF AMPLIFIER above your post!

Post your question here: Amplifiers

Hey DUDE why not try being alot more hospitable rather than being disrectful. I am new to this site and If I accidently placed my thread in the wrong spot than simply direct me to where i can place the thread. There is no reason for you to just automatically be rude or disrectful to someone. You are always preaching and complaining about others being rude/disrespectful to you yet you find it in your time to disrespect others. Or better yet if you do know anything at all (which I truly doubt you do) about the subject in question why not simply respond to that question positively and save alot of rudeness and then let the new comer know in a polite way that they had misplaced the thread. your a jokeLOL.

Hey DUDE why not try being alot more hospitable rather than being disrectful. I am new to this site and If I accidently placed my thread in the wrong spot than simply direct me to where i can place the thread. There is no reason for you to just automatically be rude or disrectful to someone. You are always preaching and complaining about others being rude/disrespectful to you yet you find it in your time to disrespect others. Or better yet if you do know anything at all (which I truly doubt you do) about the subject in question why not simply respond to that question positively and save alot of rudeness and then let the new comer know in a polite way that they had misplaced the thread. your a jokeLOL.
disrespectful*

then*

I'm sorry I wasn't aware some random butthurt guy from Cali knew my likes and dislikes. My bad. I already linked u where to put your thread, but I'm guessing its your first time using the internet, so click forums and under car audio discussions, click Amplifiers, release all the butthurt within you, then start a new thread.

you're*

Both amps are very close in performance and size, with the Excelon being slightly longer by 2 inches. The JL's four channel section is more powerful but NOT by double so I don't think you would even notice the difference especially when the Excelon is slightly underrated. The Excelon's sub section is stronger into both 4 and 2 ohm loads but again NOT by double so there really won't be that noticiable difference. The deciding factor may come down to price and brand preference....in most places online the JL is about $140 or some more than the Excelon....both will be good performers for you either way though.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.
No prob....some of us here do still believe in helping answer questions without being as*hats about things.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

No prob....some of us here do still believe in helping answer questions without being as*hats about things.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D
If he'd post in the right section it wouldn't be a problem. He even left the bit about this being "REVIEWS ONLY, NO QUESTIONS ALLOWED" in his post. I don't have anything against the man, but I just can't fathom how you would miss all the alerts that you're posting in the wrong section.

And if you're comparing a JL sub to a Kenwood sub, I'm not quite sure you know what you're comparing. Personally the only thing I'd ever buy from Kenwood is their headunits. Their amps are ok, not the worst. There's never been anything impressive about their speakers or subs though.

And if you're comparing a JL sub to a Kenwood sub, I'm not quite sure you know what you're comparing.
I don't recall anywhere in my reply to the o/p anything about a comparison between the two subs.....but truth be told if you look at both subs in question they are both pretty close to one another with the exception being he referred to a 10" Kenwood and a 12" JL....

Seeing as how I've used and sold JL equipment since about a year or so after the inception of the company, I think I'm pretty well versed in the performance of their products. Some I like, some I don't simple as that. As far as Kenwood goes, I've never really been impressed with their subs but I have heard some that were pretty d*mn musical and the Excelons in the proper enclosure are pretty darn good as well. Now mind you they've NEVER in my opinion been designed for the "bone shaking or mega spl" type of bass and seems like most people around here especially the younger crowd seems to be VERY narrow minded to what a sub is supposed to do. Most seem to instantly think SPL!!!!! Now I'm not saying that's what you think or anything, I'm just making an observation about the attitudes here on this and many other sites....

No one seems to look at what the true applications of each sub was designed for anymore, there is a reason that there are several different models from each manufacture.........just my 2cents;)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif;)

I don't recall anywhere in my reply to the o/p anything about a comparison between the two subs.....but truth be told if you look at both subs in question they are both pretty close to one another with the exception being he referred to a 10" Kenwood and a 12" JL....
Seeing as how I've used and sold JL equipment since about a year or so after the inception of the company, I think I'm pretty well versed in the performance of their products. Some I like, some I don't simple as that. As far as Kenwood goes, I've never really been impressed with their subs but I have heard some that were pretty d*mn musical and the Excelons in the proper enclosure are pretty darn good as well. Now mind you they've NEVER in my opinion been designed for the "bone shaking or mega spl" type of bass and seems like most people around here especially the younger crowd seems to be VERY narrow minded to what a sub is supposed to do. Most seem to instantly think SPL!!!!! Now I'm not saying that's what you think or anything, I'm just making an observation about the attitudes here on this and many other sites....

No one seems to look at what the true applications of each sub was designed for anymore, there is a reason that there are several different models from each manufacture.........just my 2cents;)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif;)
oh stop it, you know you love sundown ha

prob, only if brian can talk me into it lol
From my understanding Buwada is gonna be there with a booth and there are a few things I wanted to talk to him about and a few other people I haven't seen in a while so I plan on coming out and just having a good time.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

bigbrother54

10+ year member
bigbrother54
california
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views