JL AUDIO 500/1 Questions an Comments

Ra, the pc2600 pumps around 800 watts jl 500 is around 600, but the jl is easier on you electrical system an is 2 ohm stable the pc2600 on paper is only 4 ohm stable bridged but it can do 2 ohm but wams up, and can go into protection if not properly ventilated, on the other hand class ab amps sound a little better than class d, each amp is excellent its what imprtnt to you that counts:D

I have 2 JL 500/1's and had both benched, 1 read 725 rms and the other 730 rms. I have blown both of my 10" L7's a few times (lol i just cant learn). But i am very impreased with this am and have no complaints, except I blew my subs (but s**t happends right)

"Second place is the first loser"

yoh that phone jack lookin thing is for a remote bassgain like u said its like a knob in the car so u can turn tha bassboost up and down without being next to the amp.... and the jl audio site will help u with the specs on the knobs for the frequences and ****, check what frequency your subs sound best at

Hi i have a JL 500/1 amp and have recently brought a Vibe Space 15" 3000Watts sub (http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk) i was wondering how do i tune the amp so that it can send 20hz to the sub ( the sub is a dual 4ohms i have it wired to so it takes in a 2ohm load) another thing i was wondering the JL amp is deeply under-rated does anyone know the amount of RMS that the amp is giving out beacuse it blew my 15" Vibe Black air rated at 450RMS but 1800max

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.