JL AUDIO 500/1 Questions an Comments

Atvnut2065
10+ year member

Hey I just bought a JL AUDIO 500/1 mono block for $300. Only used for two months and it works like new (WHAT A DEAL!) I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. JL amps have all sorts of controls on the back and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good setting for all of them. Also one other question....The 500/1 has a remote bass control plug on the back for a separate thing you can buy that plugs into what looks like a phone jack, I was wondering is that the same as changing the bass boost in dB manually on the amp. Just to let everyone know I had my amp install finalized at Tweeter I did all the work and they did the fire wall whole and battery connection. This amp sounds great! Solid quality bass deffinitly a good buy. Thanks for reading .....I apprecieate your help.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

PICTURES COMMING SOON!!!!

I bought it off a guy who had used it for like 2 months. Please have someone help me with my questions!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

I have Blaupunkt Overdrive subs....well one right now but I plan on getting another and anoter JL 500/1 to go with it. Why did you laugh when you said you "kinda" know JL amps? 12" subs....

Ok look at my name then you will understand I know a thing or two about JL. Also meant nothing towards you anyway those subs should be able to handle that JLamp into 1 ohm just wire them in parrlell 1ohm guessing your subs are 4ohm know they are dvc and keep your gains way way down that amp is very capable of blowing those subs the amp is very underated I would buy a pair of JL subs to go with it casue I never have heard the overdrive series only seen them on the net. How do they sound? also what do you know how or what frequicies to tune that amp too or crossover freqs? I not just kinda mess around with it and the gains till it sounds good I would get more into detail if you would like.

Yea if you could get into more detail that would be great. The Blaupunkt Overdrive subs sound real nice I have just one and it really hits nice and clear....SQ just like I want. If you know a good setting or anything though I would appreciate whatever you can tell me. The amp is rated down to 1.5ohm stable I have it wired in parallel and I belive its a 2 ohm load.

Yea... the amp is VERY under rated. I had 2 pioneers max power 1000W each, put my amp in today and blew both my subs.. thank God they are under warentee. But it is a very very VERY sweet amp. In the manuel (if you got it with it) it reccommends different settings for different situations. If you don't I am pretty sure you can download it at http://www.jlaudio.com

again, KEEP YOUR GAIN DOWN, gradually increase it be very careful nto to blow your subs!!

Hey thanks for the reply I know the JL 500/1 is powerful and underrated but I mean I hear its 500 watts no matter what but its no more than 733 max right? You really blew two 12 1000w pioneers? WOW there 1000w max though whats the RMS. My Blaupunkt overdrive is 1200w max 400 RMX you think I"m gonna blow it...I have the gain way down around 4 dB I belive. It sounds great for one 12.....one thing though seems like the radio doesn't sounds as good as a cd and I know what your gonna say DUH but I Mean like the bass doesn't hit as hard and stuff. Its probably a no brainer....but mayve someone will have some input. I love this amp. I'm deffinitly gettin another Blaupunkt OVerdrive 12" I was gonna get another JL 500/1 to go with it what does everyone think of that. Hearing so much about the power of this amp I think I'm gonna see how it sounds pushing both Overdrives before I get another.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hey atvnut, IMO, I like the two amp/two sub setup. Especially with the JL 500/1's. That's what I have in a 2000 Blazer. As far as how will it sound with your subs, personally I'm not sure, I'm not into Blaupunkt. But I can tell you, 2 JL 500/1's complement my 2 JL 12" W3's very nicely. They're like peanut and jelly.

You have one 500 running 1 w3 dude thats crazy. your gonna end up poping the lil buggers lol. Hey you also jacked my name sorta lol:D

What u would do is get the second sub see how is sounds running off one amp, if u like it son't waste the money... if you don't think it's enough bass (which is very unlikely) then get another. I think one should be more then enough, for the 10 minutes mine was going i couldn't even see straight then the things blew //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

do you guys think the JL 500/1 pumps out more power than the PPI PC2600 which I believe is 600x1 @ 4ohms mono I have this amp already but i was thinking of buying the Jl but which do you guys think is the better amp taking power and features in consideration

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.