Item(s) Description/Condition:

Good used condition, 8/10 Cosmetic 10/10 function

Price:

$200 shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Included in price

Item Pictures:

346m3pz.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Last edited by a moderator:
$160 shipped
Just waiting for my loans to kick out into my bank, as soon as they do you have a PM. This is exactly what I need for my SA8v2, Is it 1ohm stable? (I see that its 1.5ohm stable, just wondering if you have history of running @ 1ohm)

Thanks

Just waiting for my loans to kick out into my bank, as soon as they do you have a PM. This is exactly what I need for my SA8v2, Is it 1ohm stable? (I see that its 1.5ohm stable, just wondering if you have history of running @ 1ohm)
Thanks
I'd suggest wiring your coils in series and running this amplifier at 4 ohms. The RIPS power supply allows this amplifier to make rated power between 1.5 and 4 ohms, so there really is no advantage of running it at 1 ohm. I owned a 500/1 for a short period of time and sometimes it would work at 1 ohm while other times it would turn on in protect mode due to the low impedance. I rewired my 10s for 4 ohms mono and all was golden!

Great little amps. My friend is blowing a pile of money to go watch a football game so is putting audio upgrades on hold for a couple weeks. He really likes these slash amps though, and will probably be in the market when he comes into some money again.

Thanks
Run to 3 or 4 ohms and the amp does better. 1 ohm with these is extra stress, loss of SQ and zero gain in output.

I'd suggest wiring your coils in series and running this amplifier at 4 ohms. The RIPS power supply allows this amplifier to make rated power between 1.5 and 4 ohms, so there really is no advantage of running it at 1 ohm. I owned a 500/1 for a short period of time and sometimes it would work at 1 ohm while other times it would turn on in protect mode due to the low impedance. I rewired my 10s for 4 ohms mono and all was golden!
Run to 3 or 4 ohms and the amp does better. 1 ohm with these is extra stress, loss of SQ and zero gain in output.
4ohm it is :p now just trying to decide if I should get a W7 8" or a SA8v2 :\ (no choice but to go used for the W7)

Thanks man!

4ohm it is :p now just trying to decide if I should get a W7 8" or a SA8v2 :\ (no choice but to go used for the W7)
Thanks man!

W7 is a solid driver, but recone is pretty much impossible. I haven't messed with SA8, but I know Jacob uses good parts and has good customer service AND recone on SA8 should be very reasonable when/if anything happens.

I still have one SA-8 V1 recone from woofercooker in case my wife ever blows her True Bass Ultra 8. I sold my other pair of SA-8 original recones and the person I sold them to had no complaints. If the V2 is anything like the V1, it should be serviceable for a relatively long life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

GAMEOVERCCA

10+ year member
INCRIMINATOR AUDIO
GAMEOVERCCA
Hickory NC
Start date
Participants